Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Dash red to dash blue/white

Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #21
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
White looks awesome
Old 04-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #23
Colinwoods84 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Electricians Mate/Sikorsky H-60s
Colinwoods84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Colinwoods84
If someone could find out if the odometer records are kept outside the gauge cluster I'll purchase a few and take request and do them. If not, if people are willing to go with out the gauge cluster for the amount of shipping time and one day to solder all the new lights I'm ok with that. Let me know. It's easier to get ahold of me @ colinwoods84@Mac.com. I did it. I believe early in this thread I've got pics of my dash. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #24
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
The odometer records are part of the cluster itself. I know because I thought I screwed mine up so I called the stealership to find out how much it would be to replace it. They told me i would have to have the new one adjusted to the millage that was on my truck. As for my conversion, I figured out I had some of the little lights backwards so I didn't have to buy a new cluster gauge.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #25
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
sub
Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #26
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Unknown
He who angers you conquers you

Name: Brian

Sparkly vampires turn you on?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #27
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinwoods84 View Post
If someone could find out if the odometer records are kept outside the gauge cluster I'll purchase a few and take request and do them. If not, if people are willing to go with out the gauge cluster for the amount of shipping time and one day to solder all the new lights I'm ok with that. Let me know. It's easier to get ahold of me @ colinwoods84@Mac.com. I did it. I believe early in this thread I've got pics of my dash. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Odometer readings are in the cluster. There are a few of us who already offer the service. You could help cover the east coast so people dont have to ship them as far. I've done 50+ of them and have a test set i built to test them on the bench and to aid in realigning the needles.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #28
Well unfortunately it looks like either people will have to learn to do it or go with shipping it out to people who will do it. I'm in Hampton roads of VA if people want help
Old 04-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #29
Btw, prs- nice lil set up u got there. I just ran continuity test between the post of the led for illumination purposes. Also email me if you can. I've got a few questions for u.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #30
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Btw, prs- nice lil set up u got there. I just ran continuity test between the post of the led for illumination purposes. Also email me if you can. I've got a few questions for u.
Feel free to PM me. The test set helps alot with aligning the needles. I put them in a different spot and then let them got to home on their own when i power it up to make sure they settle in the right spot. the gas gauge is the worse because it goes down a bit and then bounces back to its resting position, so just turning it to the stop point and using that to set the home position isnt really accurate.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #31
thebikeguy is on a distinguished road

thebikeguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well unfortunately it looks like either people will have to learn to do it or go with shipping it out to people who will do it. I'm in Hampton roads of VA if people want help
i might take u up on this offer sometime. cant wait to get rid of the orange!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #32
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
what intensity LEDs did you use? Should I just use the brightest I can find since I have a dimmer for the dash lights?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #33
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
all the lights are the same size?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #34
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
yes