Notices

Dash red to dash blue/white

Old 02-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
Colinwoods84 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Electricians Mate/Sikorsky H-60s
Colinwoods84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Colinwoods84
Dash red to dash blue/white

any one got a link to a thread that says what size they are and where to purchase? Maybe im not searching the right text here.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
For what year Taco?
Old 02-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Old 02-23-2009, 05:15 AM   #4
apkarian100 will become famous soon enoughapkarian100 will become famous soon enough

apkarian100's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=180314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinwoods84 View Post
any one got a link to a thread that says what size they are and where to purchase? Maybe im not searching the right text here.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
like so?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
Talking

Yeah kinda, I am actually going to leave the needles red and make the numbers blue. maybe put white up in the dome so I got the whole americana thing going! I ordered like 10 of them from digi for like 9$. I have not took the truck apart yet so I am not sure what the lights are under the center console.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
apkarian100 will become famous soon enoughapkarian100 will become famous soon enough

apkarian100's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinwoods84 View Post
Yeah kinda, I am actually going to leave the needles red and make the numbers blue. maybe put white up in the dome so I got the whole americana thing going! I ordered like 10 of them from digi for like 9$. I have not took the truck apart yet so I am not sure what the lights are under the center console.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
prerunner05 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
prerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
like so?

thats a good look how did you do it? how long did it take?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
took about an hour. pulled the cluster, again, and changed the LEDs to white for the numbers, stripped the needles of the orange and painted the backsides white, and then put blue LEDs behind them. All the idiot lights are white, high beams are still blue, turn signals are blue, and changed the gas light to red not yellow.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
Ace83 will become famous soon enoughAce83 will become famous soon enough
Ace83's Tacoma Gallery
i cant wait to do mine.. i've done this to my scion its pretty the same, gonna do blue and red.. reverse lcd.. still not sure if i should do a two tone color and color changing needle..
Old 03-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #11
Runnerstrom28 will become famous soon enough
Name: Derek
Runnerstrom28's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
like so?

I want to do this setup too! I have read and understand how to change the LEDs but how do you get the needles blue???
Old 03-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
i scuffed off the orange on the back of the needles. repainted the backs white, and then ran a blue led under the needles.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #15
just a normal white paint. like model car paint or something similar.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #17
Betty Blue
Fennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: VFA
Name: Matt
Fennywald's Tacoma Gallery
trying to find the exact type of led's to use... mentioned 3.5 by 2.8mm but i'm not finding them on digikey... anybody help me out with a link?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #19
http://www.oznium.com/plcc-2
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #20
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
This looks so much better then stock, someday I will get up the courage to try it!