Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

1st gen LED DTRLs??

Old 05-29-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen LED DTRLs??

Has anyone replaced the front corner lights with LED lights on a 1st gen? I was thinking of ordering replacement LEDs from superbrightleds.com and wondering if it is plug n play or involves extra wiring.
If you've done the swap let's see it!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
im running white LED's in my parking lights

it's just a bulb swap
Did you buy them from superbright or no? I guess my second question is which type of bulb? The 360° or 210° or que?
Old 05-29-2013, 02:09 AM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
Did you buy them from superbright or no? I guess my second question is which type of bulb? The 360° or 210° or que?
kind of up to you, I'm running 360' white LEDs from the super high quality very rare Ebay haha

they dont necessarily have to be directional, the parking lights arent used for navigation (though I use them sometimes to navigate around neighbors at night
Old 05-29-2013, 03:11 AM   #5

Quote:
though I use them sometimes to navigate around neighbors at night
EXACTLY! I like to call it stealth mode. It's just there's so many choices on superled that I can't decide which one would look the best. I'm thinking the 120° so they're more "intimidating" (I use the word cautiously ) from the front. idk. Cody, you should post up a pic of just ur DTRLs on
Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #6
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
I had LED's in my corners and they were more like mini head lights, really bright from head on but hardly noticable from the side. I would say go 360deg. I have clear corners and had amber bulbs.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Like others have mentioned, it's an easy bulb to LED plugin swap. They are the same bulbs you use to replace lights on your dash gauge.

Bulb/LED #194 and I purchased mine at vleds.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
i have them but they aren't too bright. I'm planning to do the fog light mod so i'll have to switch them out anyway
Old 05-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
EXACTLY! I like to call it stealth mode. It's just there's so many choices on superled that I can't decide which one would look the best. I'm thinking the 120° so they're more "intimidating" (I use the word cautiously ) from the front. idk. Cody, you should post up a pic of just ur DTRLs on
I just got back in country, I'll get a pic tonight
Old 05-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #10

I figured it was a bulb swap. But now I'm a little torn as to what style of bulb. There's dozens. Some have the same viewing angle, some are more intense there's just so many options and no demo of the lights
Old 05-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #12

Quote:
white 360 parking lights

bright enough for midnight "shh, don't wake the neighbors" drives
You're the man Cody! I like it. Juuust bright enough okay well that helps now i know how 360 light output will be. I'll probably go with those in amber.

But to anyone else with LED lights feel free to post em up! The more the merrier
Old 06-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #13

I must have been drunk because I ordered 220 degrees instead of 360. Whatever still look good! Ambers from superbrightleds.com
Attached Thumbnails
1st gen LED DTRLs??-uploadfromtaptalk1370589937838.jpg