Old 05-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
slinkey11 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Gabe
slinkey11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEli View Post
iiiii

I could use some help wiring up this OTRATTW switch. The image above is the wiring diagram I got with the switch. I understand everything except where to hook up pin #2. I am getting the main power from a remote fuse block in the engine compartment. I am using a relay and I am using the switch to control a led light bar.
2 goes to where ever you are pulling the power from such as the battery or in your case the fuse block.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Did some searching and found this thread (didn't want to start a new thread).

Do I have to connect the 8 prong to the dash lights for the switch light to work? Also can someone explain more prong 7... What does jumping this with prong 6 do?

Lastly, IRT the below pic, I have the switch connected to the relay at prong 2. Now do I splice that wire to the fuse box? Thanks.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Or does the line from the switch and the line from the relay go to two different terminals on the fuse box?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
ddungo has a spectacular aura aboutddungo has a spectacular aura aboutddungo has a spectacular aura about
Name: Denis
ddungo's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed my switches this past weekend. Post 7 & 8 are for the dash lights. I tapped the lines for the the shifter; this is so when the dimmer is used, the lights on the independent side (mine are the words) will dim or brighten with the gauges.

#6 should not be tie with 7 if you are using it with your dash lights.

#2 is the feed from your power source.

#3 will go to your relay.

On the relay, 30 will come from the switch (#3)

86 will be another fuse power source.

87 will be to your LED light bar.

I hope this helps you.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
ddungo has a spectacular aura aboutddungo has a spectacular aura aboutddungo has a spectacular aura about
ddungo's Tacoma Gallery
Please excuse my wiring, I am waiting for one more switch and harness before I finish wrapping up the wires.
Attached Thumbnails
OTRATTW switch wiring help-tacoma-switches.jpg  
Old 09-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddungo View Post
I just installed my switches this past weekend. Post 6 & 7 are for the dash lights. I tapped the lines for the the shifter; this is so when the dimmer is used, the lights on the independent side (mine are the words) will dim or brighten with the gauges.

I hope this helps you.
Not no really ... So 6 & 7 are jumped and conected to the 12V dash light/shifter light? Which wire did you use? Lots of wires to pick from but no diagram...

I currently have everything conected except 6/7 and nothing connected on the fuse box. Do I connect the relay to one terminal on the fuse box and the switch to another, or can I connect both relay and switch to the same terminal?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
ddungo's Tacoma Gallery
I notice your switches are different than mine. 7 & 8 will be for the dash lights. #6 is the ground for the switch. When you turn the switch on, the second light will come on.
In my case - when the dash lights are on, the words light up and when the switch is on the images will light up or when the switch is off image is not lit up.
I believe on my 2010 Tacoma they are Green and Green and with white. Let me run to the truck to check.. then I will answer the reset of your questions.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
ddungo's Tacoma Gallery
OTRATTW switch wiring help-img_6919-2.jpg
They are Green with silver. This is on the the left side of the sifter. I tapped the lines here for the the my LED sifter lights. I traced the lines back to the cig/AUX power area, this is where I tap the lines for the switches. You will have to use a tester to figure out which is power.

The power for the relay and the switch normally should be separate. I pre-wired for my hitch lights, I ran have a separate source and fuse for the relay and for the switch. I only use the same source for low voltage accessories.
Attached Thumbnails
OTRATTW switch wiring help-img_2849_2.jpg  
Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
ddungo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddungo View Post
I just installed my switches this past weekend. Post 7 & 8 are for the dash lights. I tapped the lines for the the shifter; this is so when the dimmer is used, the lights on the independent side (mine are the words) will dim or brighten with the gauges.

#6 should not be tie with 7 if you are using it with your dash lights.

I hope this helps you.
Sorry, I just notice I type 30 and 86 wrong. It should be:

On the relay, 86 will come from the switch (#3)

30 will be another fuse power source.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
Wait for it...

Awsome denis, thanks for the help. Hopefully I get everything working this afternoon.

Everything works, thanks again. I didn't connect to the dash lights yet but will when I have time. ]