1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight moisture/fog

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 07stealthtaco, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    07stealthtaco

07stealthtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JP
    Queensbury, NY
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport.
    Tinted out. Bull guard on front. Hitch step/bar on back. Aftermarket headlights.
    I replaced my stock headlights as well as the bulbs this past spring. For the first few months they were great and had no problems. Recently water has found its way in and created fogging and wetness inside the light. Any ideas how I could get rid of this and prevent it from happening in the future? It is tough to determing where the water is entering. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Jun 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Bake them, pull apart..............seal the inner channels with window weld or another quality butyl tape/ribbon.

Heat up, press together......heat again, press again.............heat 1 more time, then press and clamp.....let sit till cool.

Then seal outer gap with GE silicone II and PUSH it into the gaps with ur finger wrapped with a piece plastic baggy. Keep all light bulbs/caps off......let sit 1hr......then run another very generous bead of the silicone.......let sit with all bulbs/caps off for 24hrs if possible.

Reinstall.......run through car wash.

3. Sep 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    Oregon TRD

Oregon TRD "GO DUCKS" Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Steel Panthers bathroom floor!
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mall Krawler
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35" Fierce M/T 17" Eagle Alloy Sim bead locks Naked girls in the bed 10.1" DVD head unit Two 7" Headrest Monitors PS2 in glove box
    For fogging......could I just drill a small hole in bottom of headlight assembaly somewhere for air to get in there? Or will that cause more fogging?

Products Discussed in

To Top