Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Headlight moisture/fog

Old 06-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #1
07stealthtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: JP
07stealthtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Headlight moisture/fog

I replaced my stock headlights as well as the bulbs this past spring. For the first few months they were great and had no problems. Recently water has found its way in and created fogging and wetness inside the light. Any ideas how I could get rid of this and prevent it from happening in the future? It is tough to determing where the water is entering. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stealthtaco View Post
I replaced my stock headlights as well as the bulbs this past spring. For the first few months they were great and had no problems. Recently water has found its way in and created fogging and wetness inside the light. Any ideas how I could get rid of this and prevent it from happening in the future? It is tough to determing where the water is entering. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Bake them, pull apart..............seal the inner channels with window weld or another quality butyl tape/ribbon.

Heat up, press together......heat again, press again.............heat 1 more time, then press and clamp.....let sit till cool.

Then seal outer gap with GE silicone II and PUSH it into the gaps with ur finger wrapped with a piece plastic baggy. Keep all light bulbs/caps off......let sit 1hr......then run another very generous bead of the silicone.......let sit with all bulbs/caps off for 24hrs if possible.

Reinstall.......run through car wash.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
For fogging......could I just drill a small hole in bottom of headlight assembaly somewhere for air to get in there? Or will that cause more fogging?