Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Additional Led lights?

Old 06-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
cstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant future

cstallings's Tacoma Gallery
Additional Led lights?

I just bought a 30" Cree light bar from okledlightbars, which has a group buy going on right now. It is a combo pattern and is 14,500 lumens. It fit perfectly in my lower grill. If I bought to spot pods to mount between my hood and windshield on my relentless fab mounts would they be drowned out by the light bar? The pods are about 1300 lumens a piece. They would be higher, so I thought they might shot over the bar? Don't want to waste my money if I would not be able to tell they are there...
Attached Thumbnails
Additional Led lights?-uploadfromtaptalk1370719911050.jpg  
Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think the addition of more to the direct front would be a waste. If you add directionals (30 degrees out maybe) it would be helpful, but I would think your lower bar would be enough to cover everything. I added pods to rear for backing up and have wired up for the sides...might as well make it vampire proof! lol
Old 06-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
cstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant futurecstallings has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamarine View Post
I personally think the addition of more to the direct front would be a waste. If you add directionals (30 degrees out maybe) it would be helpful, but I would think your lower bar would be enough to cover everything. I added pods to rear for backing up and have wired up for the sides...might as well make it vampire proof! lol
I couldn't take it and ended up ordering a pair of spot pods. I'll play with the direction, but they will more than likely be pointing out to the sides. I guess the more lights the better. I order a BAMF CB mount for the rear that I will be using to mount a flood light to...dang Group Buys
Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any night shots with that led bar? Debating if I want to do the same or not.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, I'm interested in seeing how they look at night too! I'm guessing you'll have to aim them up to get full usage of the beam pattern and distance (did you say it was a combo spot/flood?). I also wonder if anyone has ever been pulled over for using them on the highways....I sometimes do when no one is around.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #6

I'll try to take some pics this weekend. I tried with my phone, but they didn't come close to doing it justice. The 30" is pretty stinking bright...