LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Help picking out head/tail lights

Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
MrGoodnight will become famous soon enoughMrGoodnight will become famous soon enough

Name: Sam
MrGoodnight's Tacoma Gallery
Help picking out head/tail lights

I've got a 2011 Black Tacoma and I'm thinking about replacing both the headlights and tail lights, but I don't really have any idea what to get or where to get it. I know I want them black/smoked and I also know I don't want to do the BHLM or nightshade my tail lights.

I like the way the halo headlights look and some sort of LED tail lights to go along with them.

Where is the best place to look for these things? I started on Amazon and found these...

Headlights
http://www.amazon.com/AnzoUSA-121282...ts+tacoma+2011

Tail lights
http://www.amazon.com/311042-Toyota-...xgy_auto_img_y

I also know of CarID. If you have any suggestions at all I would really appreciate it.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Those headlights are notorious for horrible light out put and fogging up... But any aftermarket headlight will fog up (so it's recommended to add a bead of silicone around the edges for good measure).

Those "halo" projector output

Those tail lights are ok, But I'd prefer smoked OEM 09+ tail lights on the black truck, But since you don't want to go that route. those will still look good and work.

There are already projector retrofitted headlights for sale by modify.com and found on amazon and ebay...

A X-Runner guy put them on his a few months ago with only problems with the HID kit going out pre-maturely... I wouldn't use super cheap $20 HID's anyways.

He did say after adjusting them a bit they lined up perfectly but didn't take pictures.

I wouldn't use the white LED's but to each their own.

They raised their prices since I last checked

http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Tacoma-...ghts+projector

http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Retrofi...ghts+projector

Old 06-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
MrGoodnight will become famous soon enoughMrGoodnight will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithCamera View Post
Those headlights are notorious for horrible light out put and fogging up... But any aftermarket headlight will fog up (so it's recommended to add a bead of silicone around the edges for good measure).

Those "halo" projector output

Those tail lights are ok, But I'd prefer smoked OEM 09+ tail lights on the black truck, But since you don't want to go that route. those will still look good and work.
After seeing the output of the halo lights I don't think I wan them anymore. I honestly just liked the way they looked. Do you have any suggestions for black aftermarket headlights? The only reason I don't want to do the BHLM is because I feel it would be much easier to just replace them and I also don't have the space/tools to do it.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I edited my post with another recommendation.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #5

Quote:

They raised their prices since I last checked

I like the way these look, but I'm looking in more of the $200-$300 range for headlights. Maybe I will just have to save up if there aren't many good options in that price range.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
They are cheaper on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2011-TA...770612&vxp=mtr

Doesn't hurt to look at the for sale section every so often either, there's usually someone selling their retrofitted OEM's every so often.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #7

Quote:
They are cheaper on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2011-TA...770612&vxp=mtr

Doesn't hurt to look at the for sale section every so often either, there's usually someone selling their retrofitted OEM's every so often.
I'll be sure to check that out. If I bought them on Amazon/ebay, do you know if they would be "plug-n-play" or if there would be any modifications to make them work?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodnight View Post
I'll be sure to check that out. If I bought them on Amazon/ebay, do you know if they would be "plug-n-play" or if there would be any modifications to make them work?
Not 100% sure, But I'd imagine the headlights themselves are plug and play (That much i know for sure) but the little add ons like halo's, demon eyes and LED DRL strip will probably have to be wired in.

Products Discussed in this Thread