Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Light Bar through Fog light switch?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Light Bar through Fog light switch?

Hey TW, this may seem like a dumb question but I recently ditched my fogs for a tube bumper and want to run my lightbar through the remaining foglight switch.... It's the stock one to the left of the steering wheel. My question is can I just splice my bar into the existing fog wiring? I know LED light bars pull very low power so could I just use the existing fuse system of the fogs? I'd like to keep everything looking as stock as possible. LED bar is a 21'' from Blitzpro. Any words of advice appreciated!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If the pull from the LED bar is less than or equal to the factory fog lights, just cut off the factory connector, splice in the LED bar into the factory wiring and you're good to go.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If the pull from the LED bar is less than or equal to the factory fog lights, just cut off the factory connector, splice in the LED bar into the factory wiring and you're good to go.
sweet! Thanks Pugga
Old 06-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have my 20" LED Light Bar powered through my fog wiring...works perfect.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
and if it draws more than the factory fogs, use a relay... no big deal.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
sidetracked will become famous soon enoughsidetracked will become famous soon enough

sidetracked's Tacoma Gallery
I run a 20" bar through the fog light switch on my ZJ. Works great.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't it be better to wire through high beams?

^ ^ ^ ^
Lighting noob question