Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Help

Old 06-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
MassAppeal16 is on a distinguished road
MassAppeal16's Tacoma Gallery
LED Help

Ok so I have searched on here and found out why the turn signals will hyper flash, but I have another issue also. I installed white LED turn signals and parking lights in my 06 yesterday. When i turned them on the first time my passenger parking light worked, but not the driver... and i had the hyper flash on turn signals. Then i turned it off and back on and neither turn signal works at all, and they don't even show as working on my dash. Have I jacked something up awful or what?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassAppeal16 View Post
Ok so I have searched on here and found out why the turn signals will hyper flash, but I have another issue also. I installed white LED turn signals and parking lights in my 06 yesterday. When i turned them on the first time my passenger parking light worked, but not the driver... and i had the hyper flash on turn signals. Then i turned it off and back on and neither turn signal works at all, and they don't even show as working on my dash. Have I jacked something up awful or what?
Probably not, put the old bulbs back in to make sure everything works correctly, then try the LEDs again, maybe they're just not fitting in there well
Old 06-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
MassAppeal16 is on a distinguished road
MassAppeal16's Tacoma Gallery
I just switched them back. Now the parking light that was working is out, and the side that wasn't is back on. WTF!?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassAppeal16 View Post
I just switched them back. Now the parking light that was working is out, and the side that wasn't is back on. WTF!?
Can't be a fuse or both of them would be out, it' probably the sockets, keep fiddling with them with the old bulbs
Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
LED lights are polarized. They will only light if the current runs through them one way. If you install them backwards, they won't light. It doesn't damage anything if they're in wrong, just makes for colorful noise pollution near your word hole
Old 06-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHPLSH3 View Post
LED lights are polarized. They will only light if the current runs through them one way. If you install them backwards, they won't light. It doesn't damage anything if they're in wrong, just makes for colorful noise pollution near your word hole
but the polarity should be correct for the sockets he has if it's the correct bulb, i had the same problem with my reverse LEDs, just had to keep fiddling with them till they worked