Notices

Blowing Fuses!

Old 06-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
Dafinga is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
Dafinga's Tacoma Gallery
Blowing Fuses!

Hi Folks,

I am running 2 sets of ADV monster 44's in my Brute Force bumper. One set is split and runs two amber LED's with the driving lights and the other set is wired to my factory fog light switch. The second set of LED 44's are straight fogs. I am running them to a OTRATTW switch. This set of LED's runs fine for a while and then after I turn them on and off maybe 5 times, the 7.5 amp fuse blows. these LED's are supposed to draw 1.8 amps. I have another OTRATTW switch that runs my lightbar and The wiring is identical. I am not sure where I should start my troubleshooting. I did rewire the lights last weekend to make sure there were no issues with loose wires.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Impossible to diagnose over the Internet but I'd use an ammeter in series with the lights in question and measure the current of the circuit. Most inexpensive multimeters can be configured as an ammeter and have 10A fuses, the better ones can measure up to 20A.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a bad ground. Had the same problem wiring my aftermarket fogs, kept blowing the fuse. Found a better ground and no problems since.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
crooks420 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
crooks420's Tacoma Gallery
Can you tell me how you wired the fogs????
I have a 2012, with factory fog lights. I want to add another set of fogs on my pre-runner light bar, wired to the factory fog light switch. So when I hit the fog switch, both my factory and aftermarket fog lights come on.

Any help would be appreciated.

jesse