Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

$250 30" LED light bar

Old 06-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
I like bright things.
thunderone is on a distinguished road

thunderone's Tacoma Gallery
$250 30" LED light bar

Finally got my Hanma 30" LED bar installed. Took a while, but I waited for their latest version to come out that has CREEs in it. I don't think they have them actually listed on their website right now, but feel free to browse their site. I got this bar for $250.

Videos I took:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQPFW...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMkMA...ature=youtu.be

www.hanma-auto.com

More new pics down below.

This^ picture was when I drove out to a lake and pointed it the other side. I believe the other side of the lake was about 400-600 yards away, it was well lit. The beam is 8 degrees wide but throws plenty of light side to side as well as straight out.

Mini H1s only:

LED bar and low beams (need to point the light down a little):

The image above was the trees where I was standing about 400 yards away. The ISO settings are a little high, but this is fairly accurate as to how well I could still see that far out.

School bus comparison:

Old 06-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
I like bright things.

Longevity report (4 months of use):

The light still is functioning perfectly. However there are some issues with the light's housing finish. I noticed it on a friend's single row as well (also made by Hanma).

A few of the metal pieces on the housing of the light appear to be anodized. The anodization doesn't last long either, revealing a brass/gold color of metal underneath. I sent an email to Hanma directly in order to alert them of this. They told me that their new bars are simply going to be painted/coated instead of having some of the parts anodized. They also told me not to try to remove the screws that go around the light in order to take off the gold pieces, as there are small nuts located behind them and it would be virtually impossible to reinstall the trim pieces. So essentially, I'm going to have to mask off around the area and spray paint the anodized areas.

Here are a couple of pics showing what I'm talking about:

As noted before, I cannot simply remove the screws to remove the gold pieces and paint them. Masking off and painting is the only option.

Other than that, this light bar has been worth every penny. Hope this helps some folks who are LED bar shopping but are having a hard time justifying cost.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
id leave it, different from all the other 500 same 'ol LED bars.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
What happened was the anodize faded from the UV rays. The metal is a typical cheap aluminum.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
my lights from OKledlightbars did the same thing with changing colors like that except it was the entire housing that was starting to fade.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
I like bright things.

I might leave it. Because the only real way to get it off is to remove the brush guard and just mask off what I can and paint it. The light bar barely fit, I had to shave off some of the sides. And then I siliconed around that area. So it's not going anywhere without a fight (good deterrent for thieves though)
Old 08-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
I like bright things.

Bump
Old 08-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Great review!

seems to be a LOT of light for the money,

can you post a pic of the led itself, i can't find any that show me what Cree LED it is, it's one of four possibilities I think.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
I like bright things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWMF View Post
Great review!

seems to be a LOT of light for the money,

can you post a pic of the led itself, i can't find any that show me what Cree LED it is, it's one of four possibilities I think.
Unfortunately I cannot, all you can really see is a little yellow capsule. I would have to take the light apart to actually know what kind of CREE it is, specifically, which is something I won't do haha.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. All I know is that it is a 3 watt CREE LED.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
Newb
ERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERG80's Tacoma Gallery
Nice light and write up. Did you order direct from hanma or do you have a source forthe light at that price?
Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #12
I like bright things.

Ordered through a group of friends. But you can order a sample shipment directly from Hanma if you want.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Shadowe30 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colin
Shadowe30's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that is impressive. Very bright. I need to do something with my lights as the stock headlights leave a lot to be desired on very dark roads. Not sure if I am ready for a bumper bar though.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #14
I like bright things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowe30 View Post
Wow that is impressive. Very bright. I need to do something with my lights as the stock headlights leave a lot to be desired on very dark roads. Not sure if I am ready for a bumper bar though.
You could always do a projector retrofit using some Mini H1's. Bake apart the headlights and screw in the projectors. Put them back together and plug up your wiring harness and you're done. Super simple.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #15
Shadowe30 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colin
Shadowe30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderone View Post
You could always do a projector retrofit using some Mini H1's. Bake apart the headlights and screw in the projectors. Put them back together and plug up your wiring harness and you're done. Super simple.
Yeah this is my plan as a start. I am probably going to order the projector retrofit kit within a week or so.