Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Bar Mounted Behind Grill

Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
LED Bar Mounted Behind Grill

Although I was going to mount 2 off-road PIAA lights on my bumper, I think they would get stolen fairly easily. So I was thinking about mounting an LED bar behind the grill...my question is will light output be good enough for the trails at night? Basically, I'll have headlight, fog light, and the LED bar behind grill for forward facing lights.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
day bump
Old 06-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, lots of people do it, its a great spot for one. Check out the BAMF behind the grill light bar (mount) or mount it in your bumper like i did, check my build
Old 06-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. As above BAMF light bar. Contact JLEE on here.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I didnt mention that a aftermarket grill insert or custom grill is ideal to mount lights behind. Not sure how it would work out with a stock grill
Old 06-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Planning on an aftermarket grill.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Question, will the BAMF mount work for a 30" light bar?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheriff11 View Post
No, 20"
Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #9

Quote:
it will fit in your bumper. this is a 36"
Old 06-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
I have a damn front license plate, was really hoping that mount would work.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #11

Quote:
I have a damn front license plate, was really hoping that mount would work.
Me to. It sucks. There is a solution tho, which i need to do
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...e-bracket.html
http://www.yotatech.com/f117/06-taco...ate-mod-83333/
Old 06-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #12

EMS:
I also have an avid bar so that mount wouldn't work for the plate. The tabs are too close together on the bar, besides, don't want that bar stolen. Who knows, I may either put it in the lower valance or drill it to the lower part of the avid. Decisions decisions.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #13

EMS:
^ confusing sentence, I meant I didn't want to mount the bar on the avid due to theft, but I think I have no other options!