Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need a little more drop..

Old 06-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Need a little more drop..

Westin light bar with 2 PIAA 520 crystal ion fogs and 1 driving.

I had the fogs only for a few weeks and no issues..since throwing the driving light on I keep getting high beamed, plus a talking to from the boys in blue *DOH!*

The lights are as far down as I can get them on the bar. They go pretty much straight out but seem to go up a little as they go out.

I'd like to keep the setup and be able to use it as often as possible. My thought is if I slide a washer or 2 in between bar and light, that should raise it a little and enable me to aim them down more at the road.

Anyone tried this before? How did it go?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Westin light bar with 2 PIAA 520 crystal ion fogs and 1 driving.

I had the fogs only for a few weeks and no issues..since throwing the driving light on I keep getting high beamed, plus a talking to from the boys in blue *DOH!*

The lights are as far down as I can get them on the bar. They go pretty much straight out but seem to go up a little as they go out.

I'd like to keep the setup and be able to use it as often as possible. My thought is if I slide a washer or 2 in between bar and light, that should raise it a little and enable me to aim them down more at the road.

Anyone tried this before? How did it go?
A driving light is designed to be used when hi beams would be appropriate, meaning no oncoming traffic. If you need more low beam, look into an HID retrofit with projectors. There are plenty of posts on here about retrofits.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
A driving light is designed to be used when hi beams would be appropriate, meaning no oncoming traffic. If you need more low beam, look into an HID retrofit with projectors. There are plenty of posts on here about retrofits.
I've seen the retro jobs, not sure I want to spend the cash. I should explain that I was able to wait it out and find a couple of nice deals, both here and elsewhere, to put together my current setup.

Another thought I had was maybe to convert the driving one to a fog (swap the lens) and have 3 fogs that at least wouldn't be so harsh on other drivers..