Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

S-Pod's

Old 06-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
looks pricey...
Old 06-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
I have one, its worth literally every penny, even though there are always naysayers that say you can do it for less. I would buy one again if I had to
Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
i have one too. ive modified the harness to do what i need but that was easy and makes wiring up 6 things very easy especially when it comes to relays. i helped jandrews a little on his so he could get his hooked up correctly. they have updated thier kit since i got mine. i would buy again if i got a new truck or even for another vehicle if i needed it.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival. Amy of you guys see the new bluetooth adapter? Lets you run virtual switches on your i-device. Wondering if i get two Spods i can have one set of switches entirely virtual.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Thread revival. Amy of you guys see the new bluetooth adapter? Lets you run virtual switches on your i-device. Wondering if i get two Spods i can have one set of switches entirely virtual.
you need 2 set of switches to run two 2 spods. they are manual over ride for the bluetooth module, you cannot run it purely on bluetooth
Old 01-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #8
ThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThomasMore66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThomasMore66's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think the spod is pricey. Anything that would make the install nice and clean is good to me. Here's my question, has anybody installed one on the TRD OR? Spod doesn't include a panel with the Tacoma kit, but I don't have a bunch of blanks - only the two for the seat heaters. I'm just curious to see what other people have done.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
The Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
The Woodsman's Tacoma Gallery
If you only consider the cost of the wiring, relays, switches, wire loom, connectors etc that it takes to do a decent job, the sPod may not seem like a great deal. If, however, you value your time at all and also want a very professional looking install then the sPod is pretty reasonable . . . and even more so if you buy it on a group buy like I did.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #11
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You need to buy (1) remote control ($175) per sPOD and it only works on the new sPOD's. You could put the switches in a location that wouldn't be seen and control them by bluetooth but ultimately you still need the switches.

Ill have (1) sPOD with no remote and (1) with the remote that will be installed come spring. Just waiting for the weather to break so I can rip out my interior and start wiring.

For people like me who are anal and do not enjoy wiring, the cost of the sPOD is dirt cheap and I know of no one controlling their accessories from their phones with homemade kits.

I am keeping all vital devices on the non-bluetooth sPOD and only putting non-vital accessories on the remote. No way I want my compressor or lockers controlled by bluetooth. I do enough butt dialing as it is.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:39 AM   #12
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the reply skip, I actually sell them now, so i know hahaha. Stoked for you to put yours in! You're gonna love it!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:26 AM   #13
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the reply skip, I actually sell them now, so i know hahaha. Stoked for you to put yours in! You're gonna love it!

Cool. What would be the benefit from purchasing through you apposed to going to them direct? The first one I bought they shipped for free so that saved me $22.

I just pulled the trigger on the second sPOD w/remote last week and had to pay shipping. The first one Ive had for months.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 AM   #14
Purveyor of Fun

No shipping from me either and you get to deal with someone you know, even if its just a bit.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #15
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No shipping from me either and you get to deal with someone you know, even if its just a bit.
Gotcha....

I was talking to Cindy yesterday about some custom stuff I want them to do to the next harness they ship me. So far I have nothing but praise to offer them. When the guy I was talking to couldn't answer my question he didn't BS me like other companies. He simply said "I do not know, but let me transfer you to our owner and she can help you." I like that.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #16
Taco Member
Sky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud of

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer
Name: Brandon
Sky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Gotcha....

I was talking to Cindy yesterday about some custom stuff I want them to do to the next harness they ship me. So far I have nothing but praise to offer them. When the guy I was talking to couldn't answer my question he didn't BS me like other companies. He simply said "I do not know, but let me transfer you to our owner and she can help you." I like that.
Now that's good survise
Old 02-20-2014, 03:20 AM   #17
Purveyor of Fun

Cindy is great, I have absolutely nothing but praise for them as well, I love companies that try and innovate, and more than that, I love companies that try and innovate with products aimed at MY vehicle. Those are the ones I end up carrying.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #18
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Had a good long conversation with Cindy and one of her employees Friday night.

I urge anyone thinking of purchasing a sPOD call them up and talk to them. Once you talk to them I'd be amazed if you didn't get off the phone a customer.

They also have custom mounting options for switches and other items for sale then just the ones is listed on their website.

We have been going back and forth for a few days concerning what I want to have them do for me and they have been great to work with. Now the wait for them to make all the harnesses up and ship my baby out to me.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #19
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my second one received earlier this week. Had them provide me with custom switches, a custom harness, and they were nice enough to wire everything for me long enough so all I have to do is plug it in, throw on my switch covers, and mount the bracket in my sun glass holder.

The only wire that I need to tap into the factory system is an accessory wire so the switches light up when my key is in the ignition.

There was no way I wanted 12 switches in my truck that only lit up when they were on. Now Ill have red for when the switch is "on" and amber for at night when the switch is "off".

Props to sPOD, but the real review will be later in spring when I install it all.