Notices

TURN OFF DTRL?

Old 07-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Cool TURN OFF DTRL?

anyone have the details to turn off the dtrl on an 09?
Old 07-04-2013, 04:51 AM   #2
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You could trade the part with someone without dtrl that wants it.

I just cut the wire. I no longer have the wiring diagram and can't remember what color wire it was.

If I find it I'll let you know.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #3
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a thread on making a switch for the DTRL

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...alth-mode.html

The Green-Red wire he is splicing into is the DTRL wire. If you cut that wire it will turn off the DTRL function, but will not affect the turn signals or any other functions.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #4
pepper07 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
pepper07's Tacoma Gallery
I disabled mine about a week ago. It's simple to do. On the back side of the fuse block is a three wire plug . The wire to cut is green/red. Everything else works fine. Good luck.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Smile DTRL OFF

thank you guys for all of the information. took 1 minute to do this. on the floor, lookup at the connector, cut the green with red wire. done! lights out!