Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

New LED Tails!

Old 07-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
TampaDude is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
TampaDude's Tacoma Gallery
New LED Tails!

I just installed some IPCW Bermuda Black LED tails today, along with the matching 3rd brake light. I also got some Lumen white LED bulbs to replace the stock back up lights. Thanks, CARiD!

MOTHER OF GOD these things are BRIGHT!

I will post some pics later.

BTW, they are awesome, but now the stock turns in the front look like ass compared to the new tails. Looks like I gotta get some LED bulbs for the front now, too.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly what led bulbs did u get for reverse?

Some rlly suck.... I want a set with Cree rear facing and smd array
Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Exactly what led bulbs did u get for reverse?

Some rlly suck.... I want a set with Cree rear facing and smd array
These: http://www.carid.com/2006-toyota-tac...-10267304.html

They were a bit tough to get in the socket, but that's okay, because I know they're in there really tight and won't come loose. They emit a bright, cool white light, and are much brighter than the stock bulbs.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I see two models in the pics.

U get the white base or black base?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I've kinda been back and forth about maybe getting a set of these vs 2009+ LED Tails... subbed for pics
Old 07-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
Quote:
I see two models in the pics.

U get the white base or black base?
The $8.99 ones. They are plenty bright. I don't need to spend $21.95 for the other ones, at least not right now.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
Okay...as promised, here are some pics. Sorry if the night ones look blurry...those tails are BRIGHT!
Attached Thumbnails
New LED Tails!-tacoma01.jpg   New LED Tails!-tacoma02.jpg   New LED Tails!-tacoma03.jpg  
Old 07-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
Got any pics of the reverse lights lit up?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerBost View Post
Got any pics of the reverse lights lit up?
Not yet. I'll need to get someone to put it in reverse with the brakes on. I'll try to get pics real soon.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #10

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaDude View Post
Not yet. I'll need to get someone to put it in reverse with the brakes on. I'll try to get pics real soon.
Reverse Lights come on if the keys are turned 1 click past acc.... Leave parking brake on, foot on brake pedal, shift to reverse with truck not running, get out.

Take pic.

Much better because u won't get added light of the brake lights being on.... Just pure reverse light power iirc.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaDude View Post
These: http://www.carid.com/2006-toyota-tac...-10267304.html

They were a bit tough to get in the socket, but that's okay, because I know they're in there really tight and won't come loose. They emit a bright, cool white light, and are much brighter than the stock bulbs.
There are 2 $8.99 ones, did you get 40 lumen or 50 lumen? How much room do you have left after install?
Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
bwanamukubwa is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
bwanamukubwa's Tacoma Gallery
This is awesome, i'm also interested in knowing how much room there is with the 50 lumen ones.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Will have to look into this soon.

LOL Just throw it in Reverse and run around the back and snap the pick.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Quote:
Reverse Lights come on if the keys are turned 1 click past acc.... Leave parking brake on, foot on brake pedal, shift to reverse with truck not running, get out.

Take pic.

Much better because u won't get added light of the brake lights being on.... Just pure reverse light power iirc.
Cool...I'll try that, thanks!
Old 07-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
There are 2 $8.99 ones, did you get 40 lumen or 50 lumen? How much room do you have left after install?
According to the website, mine are 50 lumen. They have 9 LED units on each of them. The LED "bulbs" don't take up much room inside the tails. I will post some more pics tonight.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #16
Okay...here are some more pics with the back up lights on...
Attached Thumbnails
New LED Tails!-tacoma04.jpg   New LED Tails!-tacoma05.jpg   New LED Tails!-tacoma06.jpg  
Old 07-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I've kinda been back and forth about maybe getting a set of these vs 2009+ LED Tails... subbed for pics
Pics posted...enjoy!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #18
CBiscuit14 is just really niceCBiscuit14 is just really niceCBiscuit14 is just really niceCBiscuit14 is just really nice

CBiscuit14's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed these taillights... and so far I love them too! And folks when he says they are bright, he means BRIGHT. Holy sweet mother of mercy, batman, they were much brighter than I expected.... but that is awesome!