Notices

Taillight options

View Poll Results: Which tail lights should I put on my truck
IPCW LED Tail Lights 135 63.98%
JDM Tail Lights 76 36.02%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Taillight options

I want to finish out my lighting, and I can't decide on which tail lights I want to buy.

Go ahead and vote, and give me an explanation of why you voted for that one.

A)

B)
Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
I like a just because it is different and I have never seen them before!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Japanese Domestic Market.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what's goin on with my tacoma right now.

Just installed new projector housings, going to put 8K HIDs this week.

Yellow Fogs.

I would like black housing tail lights.

And the IPCW black 3rd brake light.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That FJ needs bigger tires!

But yeah I like the JDM style. They compliment your headlights.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yea. The other thing is that I have seen the JDMs on two or three other trucks.

and I have yet to see the Bermuda IPCWs on a truck.

Ooohhhhhh to be different.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #8

PackerfanXD and 05PreRunner have them, but in chrome.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I saw theirs.

I'm actually in the process of getting all of the chrome off of my truck.

Except for the little on my wheels.

I want a new front and rear bumper, and new grill surround.

Could take me a little while, but that's my big goal.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #10

I want to get rid of my chrome, too.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #11
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I chose A because they look really unique. I don't think I've ever seen those. Either or would look nice in my opinion.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #12
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Also

The IPCW is around $300

and the JDM is about $120, because it uses the existing stock bulbs.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:39 AM   #14
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
i like A
Here is a link to what your truck would look like with them
I mean EXACTLY what your truck would look like with them
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3211041
Old 03-02-2009, 03:45 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTaco View Post

Yellow Fogs.

I'm likin those JDM blacked out ones. Just wish the blinker lens was yellow. I do like that it doesn't have the bump in the lens tho. Tradeoffs. I want those & the headlights like yours to finish out my base model black trim thing goin on. Where'd you see those JDMs? Ebay?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #16
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTacoManChach View Post
i like A
Here is a link to what your truck would look like with them
I mean EXACTLY what your truck would look like with them
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3211041
Wow. Good find.

I think I'm getting pushed towards A.

LEDs look so much better.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:48 AM   #17
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I'm likin those JDM blacked out ones. Just wish the blinker lens was yellow. I do like that it doesn't have the bump in the lens tho. Tradeoffs. I want those & the headlights like yours to finish out my base model black trim thing goin on. Where'd you see those JDMs? Ebay?
Yea, I know what you mean.

There are a couple of the JDM housings on ebay. Priced differently, but some have free shipping, and some dont.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #18
GEAUX TIGERS!
Meeocky is on a distinguished road
Meeocky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Meeocky Send a message via Yahoo to Meeocky
I rather the complete blackout look. But for lighting purposes, I'd get "A" and black them out.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:08 AM   #19
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTaco View Post

Yellow Fogs.

Def. 2nd option!!! Just don't like the 1st one, at all. IMO, looks like something off of a Honda Civic w/ a fart pipe. Have you looked into getting the led version that's on the 2009s? I have em, and love em.

Off the topic - What bull-bar is on your truck? It's sweeetttt...