View Poll Results: Amber or white led fogs
Amber 54 49.54%
White 46 42.20%
Other color (post a reply with color) 5 4.59%
Who cares? 8 7.34%
What's dtrl? 3 2.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
There aren't many guys with Amber fogs, mostly because you lose the functionality. The white 60w led gives you some of the function back, but you still lose a bit. I have Amber cause I rarely see thick fog here and like the look. Mine are Amber 16W, and I recommend csjumper2003 for all your LED needs. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...pers-leds.html
Led Fog Lights: Amber or White-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376341616.170289.jpg
Old 08-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Why not white DRLs and amber switchbacks? jumper sells them in the BST section.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
Commie is on a distinguished road

Navy: FRC West
Name: Andrei
Commie's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the white/amber l.e.d. switchback dtrl, white l.e.d. corner parking lights and white l.e.d. fogs, all from csjumper2003. The all white lighting looks really good on a white truck. You do lose a lot of functionality from the fogs though

Old 08-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I voted amber to match DTRL's but I personally like yellow better so I swapped my front turn signal, parking lights and fogs all to yellow bulbs and I like that look. I got rid of my factory DTRL's cause the aftermarket bulbs were melting the housing.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
So with white led fogs they don't really work well as for lighting up the road?

Which models / years had DTRL?
Old 08-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
amber option for functionality.

low to the ground, and lower on the kelvin scale will cut through rain/fog/snow/dust better than a white light, and will not create the glare back at you that kills night vision and fatigues your eyes.

i went with 35w 5000k hids with yellow filters. they cut through undesirable weather great.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
As stated above, the color of your auxiliary lights I'd dictated by what they are to be used for: all this comes from rally driving in the old days.

WHITE for driving and they should be aimed properly and have a long narrow beam that you can not out drive with a very sharp cutoff at about knee height.

AMBER/YELLOW for low vis situation as it cuts thru the haze with minimum scatter back, should also be aimed low with very sharp horizontal upper cutoff and wide spread.

Purple, green, red or whatever if you are just a poser hopping to get the attention you missed growing up.

Back in the days when aux lights were actually used for what the were intended for and before the Marketing and Design Department drove the engineering of the vehicle a lot of folkes would use one or two of each to cover all the bases.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified internet mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
The reason I want to replace my factory fog light bulbs with LED is so I can see deer and moose . Led lights have great reflective properties in comparison to factory bulbs .
With this said , what would be the best replacement led bulb ?
Are you guyz using the leds in the fogs ?
Do they have a wider spot beam ?
any suggestions ? Should I simply purchase a couple floods for either side of the truck and leave the factory fogs alone ?
Old 09-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
The reason I want to replace my factory fog light bulbs with LED is so I can see deer and moose . Led lights have great reflective properties in comparison to factory bulbs .
With this said , what would be the best replacement led bulb ?
Are you guyz using the leds in the fogs ?
Do they have a wider spot beam ?
any suggestions ? Should I simply purchase a couple floods for either side of the truck and leave the factory fogs alone ?
Plug and play LEDs in the fog housings will diminish your visibility. You can get spots or floods from rigid industries or reputable company that will provide better lighting. Personally, I would leave them alone and get a LED light bar or some smaller pods to use for better light.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #11
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified internet mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheriff11 View Post
Plug and play LEDs in the fog housings will diminish your visibility. You can get spots or floods from rigid industries or reputable company that will provide better lighting. Personally, I would leave them alone and get a LED light bar or some smaller pods to use for better light.
I was going to order a set of plug and play LEDS from CSjumper . I will wait for more opinions on them but according to Chris , The direct replacement is very bright .
Old 09-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
firetaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Fighting 18
Name: Sean
firetaco18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
I was going to order a set of plug and play LEDS from CSjumper . I will wait for more opinions on them but according to Chris , The direct replacement is very bright .
Chris has some awesome stuff, I got the switchbacks from him and the white emitted from it in the dtrl at night gives off a dim flood light pattern. Bright stuff

Oh and to contribute to my own thread, I ended up getting white led, really just for show. I don't have much use for them but it looks good paired with switchbacks and fog anytime mod.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #14
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
I've got the white/amber l.e.d. switchback dtrl, white l.e.d. corner parking lights and white l.e.d. fogs, all from csjumper2003. The all white lighting looks really good on a white truck. You do lose a lot of functionality from the fogs though
How did you get the switchbacks to work?
Old 11-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Ambers in a spot beam
Old 12-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #18
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Amber ....white does no good in fog, the color white reflects greater than Amber.
I have amber filters on my LightForces.