Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

NEVER ORDER FROM HERE!!

Old 08-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
adriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: USMC
Name: Adrian
adriancast's Tacoma Gallery
NEVER ORDER FROM HERE!!

http://www.hidkitxenonlights.com/

I have tried contacting them by phone, email, and by their online chat. They never reply. I have tried contacting them over 50+ times in a 3 month time span. One of my HIDs went out and they say they have lifetime warranty, but you cant even get a hold of them for a replacement.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/
Old 08-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Is there an echo in here
Old 08-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Is there an echo in here?
Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Lifetime warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on with most lighting company's . They say that because they don't want you to go to their competition with higher prices that will give you a lifetime warranty . As long as they stay in business .

Kinda hard to warranty a product from china with child labor in a shack.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
adriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shedadriancast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Lifetime warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on with most lighting company's . They say that because they don't want you to go to their competition with higher prices that will give you a lifetime warranty . As long as they stay in business .

Kinda hard to warranty a product from china with child labor in a shack.
Well putting this on here will stop them from getting hundreds of potential buyers. These HIDs are German made. Plus I sent in a complaint the Better Business Bureau. Company has to respond in less than 14 days and solve the problem in 30 days or less.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
you can get pnp HID's from DDM tunning for like 30 bucks. I hope you didnt pay much more than that...

have you tried trouble shooting your lights? Swapping ballasts around to see if its the bulb or the ballast that is out? If not then do that first and go from there.
you can buy replacements for cheap.

also make sure your lights are aimed properly...no one wants to be blinded by the dick that put PNP hid's in his truck
Old 08-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
you can get pnp HID's from DDM tunning for like 30 bucks. I hope you didnt pay much more than that...

have you tried trouble shooting your lights? Swapping ballasts around to see if its the bulb or the ballast that is out? If not then do that first and go from there.
you can buy replacements for cheap.

also make sure your lights are aimed properly...no one wants to be blinded by the dick that put PNP hid's in his truck

All wires are hooked up correctly. Worked perfect for two weeks then one side worked when it wanted too. Switch everything around. At night, you can see a little spark when you try to put them on.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
LocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: RDC Retired
Name: Don
LocoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriancast View Post
I have tried contacting them by phone, email, and by their online chat. They never reply. I have tried contacting them over 50+ times in a 3 month time span. One of my HIDs went out and they say they have lifetime warranty, but you cant even get a hold of them for a replacement.
^^^^^
You can say that again...
Old 08-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoTaco View Post
^^^^^
You can say that again...
You ordered from them too?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #12
bueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura about

bueller's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #13

They finally answered. Was told I was a liar because they took forever, then he hung up on me. Called back 5 mins later and same guy answered. same problems. said he cannot help me. even though they have "LIFETIME WARRANTY" and say they'll fix any faulty part.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Pricing on the web site is over $100 for the Tacoma kit. <smh>

To the OP: be careful of the "made in Germany" moniker. Philips doesn't make HID bulbs that fit in typical halogen sockets (H1, H4, 9006, etc.). A no-name company (usually in China or Korea) has to take a standard Philips HID bulb, remove the existing D1R or D2R base, and transplant the glass bulb onto a replacement base compatible with halogen sockets. So while the glass bulb may be made in Germany, the remaining 80% of the kit is assembled in a low-cost country.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Pricing on the web site is over $100 for the Tacoma kit. <smh>

To the OP: be careful of the "made in Germany" moniker. Philips doesn't make HID bulbs that fit in typical halogen sockets (H1, H4, 9006, etc.). A no-name company (usually in China or Korea) has to take a standard Philips HID bulb, remove the existing D1R or D2R base, and transplant the glass bulb onto a replacement base compatible with halogen sockets. So while the glass bulb may be made in Germany, the remaining 80% of the kit is assembled in a low-cost country.

Do you suggest any particular HID set?. I'll probably end up getting a refund for these by the BBB. I'll ise that money for a new set.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #16
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you think you will be able to get a refund by the BBB, when the the business is based in Quebec?
http://www.bbb.org/myrtle-beach/busi...778/complaints

BBB is only effective when the vendor is BBB accredited and actually cares about the BBB rating. hidkitxenonlights.com is rated "F" by the BBB, with the following alert. Your complaint will be added to the file as #78 with no resolution.
Quote:
BBB of Coastal Carolina has discovered a pattern of complaints against this company. Consumers have complained that once they get the kits, they are broken or don't fit on a person's car. Also, despite the website stating there's a 100 percent lifetime guarantee on the product, consumers claim that the business refuses to accept returns and replace the product. Many of the buyers spent $100 or more on the kits.
Just order from DDM Tuning. Only $30 for the basic 35W kit and they work. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W
Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Why do you think you will be able to get a refund by the BBB, when the the business is based in Quebec?
http://www.bbb.org/myrtle-beach/busi...778/complaints

BBB is only effective when the vendor is BBB accredited and actually cares about the BBB rating. hidkitxenonlights.com is rated "F" by the BBB, with the following alert. Your complaint will be added to the file as #78 with no resolution.

Just order from DDM Tuning. Only $30 for the basic 35W kit and they work. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W
Holy crap. I didnt know that. When I went on bbb. The company wasnt listed. Also in north Carolina
Old 09-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #18
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, I take it you didn't get your refund?

Just order from DDMTuning. As I mentioned earlier, most kits are assembled in a low-cost country, so the quality will always be so-so. At least with DDM it's cheap, so you aren't out much if you need a replacement part.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #20

Quote:
LOL, I take it you didn't get your refund?

Just order from DDMTuning. As I mentioned earlier, most kits are assembled in a low-cost country, so the quality will always be so-so. At least with DDM it's cheap, so you aren't out much if you need a replacement part.
Haha. Nope. Didn't even hear back from BBB. How are those DDM ones?