Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

How To: Flyzeye LED interior lighting Installation 2013 DCLB

Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #21
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine from my TW SS. What an awesome gift! Going to install this coming weekend
Old 12-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #22
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Got mine from my TW SS. What an awesome gift! Going to install this coming weekend

Please let us know your thoughts - good and bad - we sincerely want honest feedback.

Hope you enjoy it!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
Is it normal that 2 halos are brighter than the other 2?
Old 12-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #24
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
Is it normal that 2 halos are brighter than the other 2?
Yes. It depends on viewing angle. There are 2 LEDs for the Halo lighting. Each is centered between both pairs of contacts.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:12 AM   #25
wjpjr is on a distinguished road
Marines: Force Recon
Name: Bill
wjpjr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjpjr View Post
Thanks Guys for all the help ! Kinda funny I almost ordered the battery model V1 Becouse I didn't want to crack into the wiring on my new truck ! Glad I went with the V2 ! Very easy to install !!
You've seen them before but here's mine . Took about 15 mins .

Well after 2 months couldn't be happier ! For those of us that leave for work pre dawn coffee drinking smokers this is a MAJOR upgrade to light the cup holder area !! To bad it won't fit my Rav4 ....
Old 01-27-2014, 03:38 AM   #26
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Get a 2013 RAV4, the cup holder is lit up............and what about the 3vp for console and glovebox. Y'all missed a spot, or 2. Buy more!

Old 02-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #27
Sherm14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
Sherm14's Tacoma Gallery
liking this idea. I'm definitely going to have to look into this.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #28
luckyone is on a distinguished road
Name: josh
luckyone's Tacoma Gallery
i want to order these but want to know if there were two different colors on one unit, not including the halos???
Old 02-13-2014, 02:00 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
i want to order these but want to know if there were two different colors on one unit, not including the halos???

Both the V1 and V2W are dual color units (select Primary and Secondary LED colors). The halo color may also be chosen but it remains constant regardless of the switch position (unless powered OFF).

The 3VP-RS units are single color.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #30
thanks do you guys also sell the connectors used in the pictures?
Old 02-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
thanks do you guys also sell the connectors used in the pictures?
I'm sure we can work something out.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #32
sweet, do you guys give a tw member discount? lol id like to make an order.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #33
Slider57 is on a distinguished road
Slider57's Tacoma Gallery
It finally warmed up enough that I could get in the shop and install mine. Pictorial in the OP's first posts were a HUGE help. My '14 had the same wiring; solid green for + and green with white stripe for -.

Can't wait to see it @ night
Old 03-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naholo808 View Post
I want to do this so badly but I do t have a DVM. Lol

Do I need one or it's just good to have?
You don't absolutely need one but, they are really good to have. We have had a handful of blown fuses (inside our unit) from connecting the leads backwards. Using a DVM, you can 100% verify the connections.

Walmart has some DVMs under $30 if I remember correctly - they aren't terrible.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:45 AM   #36
jmandeville is on a distinguished road
Army: AIt PLT SGT
Name: Justin
jmandeville's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering if anyone knows how many LED's can be hooked up to these two wires with out shorting it out or blowing a fuze? I want to hook up a few LED's for my cup holders and a few for my floor boards, but I want them all to be hooked to the dimmer. Is there a better option for those wanting to hook up several lights to the dimmer?