Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

wiring led lights

Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
iceman4226 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dale
iceman4226's Tacoma Gallery
wiring led lights

Going to wire my 30" rigid LED lights in. What I thought about doing is wiring the fog lights direct to the or with the dim side of the head lights. and use the fog light power wire for the control wire for the LED light. so I can use the fog light switch. Does anybody see any problems with adding the fogs to the head lights? I wouldnt think it it would be too much amp draw on the dim side. I have my rigid lights wired to my bright circuit on my other truck. So when I want brights I get BRIGHTS
Old 08-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #2
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you just leave the fog circuit alone and wire up your LED bar to a DPDT switch that will allow for independent control as well as control through the high beam circuit. That way you can use it by itself without having any lights on and also have it like you had before with it coming on only with the brights. All you'll need is a switch, switch cover, relay kit, and some spare wire.

Wire diagram
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...igh-beams.html

Switch
http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.ph...D66B-00000-000