Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Good lights to buy

Old 08-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
Tiotaboy is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
Tiotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
Light force 170 striker lights? And are fog or driving lights brighter?
Old 08-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #22

these?
Old 08-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah! I love my HID converted 170's. I also have a set of hid converted 140's too. So my vote is lightforce. Spendy, but well worth it.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #24
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The 170's are also one of the few lights that can be adjusted from a thin pencil style driving beam all the way to a wide fog style beam pattern.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #25
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
Lightforce x2. 500's converted to HID's are bright but when you are turning them on and off constantly because of traffic...do the HID's hold up as well as the halogen? Lightforce 170's are bright as shit. It is impossible to outrun the lightforce 170's. They throw a beam of light 300+ yards down the road...not even an exaggeration. They also make a size smaller, and larger.
My 240s are awesome. But for price point. NOTHING beats the HID hellas.

Plus you should not be running any Lightforce light with oncoming anyways. You should be turning those off before your highbeams cause yes they do reach a long ways out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiotaboy View Post
Yeah true wait what about kc lights?

pass big time.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #26

pass big time.[/QUOTE]

How come?
Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post
The 170's are also one of the few lights that can be adjusted from a thin pencil style driving beam all the way to a wide fog style beam pattern.
Sweet! Are the ones a posted a picture of the right ones?
Old 08-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #28
'Murrica!

AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiotaboy View Post
Sweet! Are the ones a posted a picture of the right ones?
Yep! Those are the ones. But I do agree with blackdawg, for the money there's no beating a set of HID 500's.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #29

I'm just gonna save up for the light force ones
Old 08-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #31
'Murrica!

AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
just curious.. how would the HID 500's compare to the 170's are far as output? I know they're bright as hell for the price, but do they throw light as far as the light forces do?
Old 08-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Here is a shot of my Hella 500s and my LF240s..

some other lights too..but the distance is pretty similar. I can't tell a difference. If anything they are actually farther.
Holy hell that's a ton of light
Old 08-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #35

Wait so driving lights are brighter than fogs because I see a hella 500ff driving light???
Old 08-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #36
'Murrica!

AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
not necessarily brighter. they have a more focused beam pattern which directs the light more straight down the road instead of to the sides. A fog patter doesn't throw light as far, but it covers a much wider area.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #37
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Driving lights focuse the light more into a spot. Fogs diffuse the light more.

Best example i have is just the LF240s in spots.

as you can see the long beams are the LF240s. The yellow wider light just infront of the truck is my PIAA 510 fogs. The white light are my custom side mirror lights.

If your HIDing the hellas though..really..not gonna matter lol just so much light either way. with a 55w HID that this.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #38
'Murrica!

AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
For example with the lightforce 170's the beam pattern can be adjusted from super fog like, to super driving like. The pattern of where the lights is being thrown changes, but the amount of light thats being put out does not.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #39
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post
For example with the lightforce 170's the beam pattern can be adjusted from super fog like, to super driving like. The pattern of where the lights is being thrown changes, but the amount of light thats being put out does not.

how does that work on the 170s for you? My 240s can do that too. but i NEVER use it cause when you unscrew the reflector the large housings get real loose and jiggle. SO i just leave em on spot all the time.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #40
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I was under the impression you change the lense?