Tiotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
is this the light bar you have?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #62
Tiotaboy is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
My 240s are awesome. But for price point. NOTHING beats the HID hellas.

Plus you should not be running any Lightforce light with oncoming anyways. You should be turning those off before your highbeams cause yes they do reach a long ways out.

pass big time.
What kind of bulb should I get? I know 55w but idk what type of bulb
Old 08-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #63
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiotaboy View Post
is this the light bar you have?
Mine is a "3 light" bar, but ya...pretty much same thing. Mine just has three mounts instead of four.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #64

Oh gotcha you don't think when it says "no drill tow hook" mounts it means like from the bottom tow hooks right or is it kind of the same place yours is mounted??
Old 08-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #66
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What kind of bulb should I get? I know 55w but idk what type of bulb
for the 500's or the light forces?

Not sure about the 500's but the lightforces use an H3 bulb.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #67
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's the difference between 500s and 700s and where'd you get your brush guard??
The 700s are larger than the 500s. I got the brush guard through the dealership. Its made by big country.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #68

Quote:
says in that write up i posted. Think its an H4
Yeah I found it after I asked you whoops but I think I'm gonna buy 2 hella 500 fogs and 2 500 driving and hid them
Old 08-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma View Post
The 700s are larger than the 500s. I got the brush guard through the dealership. Its made by big country.
So you just called toyota and asked if they had one for your truck?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #70
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Nordic N44

or Cero XD-16
Old 08-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #71
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on up converted hella hid's. I have hella 700's up converted to 55w hid's and they are incredible. And the pair cost what a single hid off road light would cost.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #72
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So you just called toyota and asked if they had one for your truck?
Yeah. I asked if they could get one and they ordered it from Big Country for me. I believe it was around $300 and no shipping. It ended up being cheaper going through the dealership because they order steps, brush guards, and those kinds of things from them frequently.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #73

Oh hell yeah so doing that! Thanks!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #74
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
500s are 6'' lights 700s are closer to 8.

Nothing beats my HID converted hella 500ffs. Best lights i have and some of the cheapest.
Where did you get the HID conversion items,

I have a new set of 500FF coming in and i want to convert to HID before I install them,

I have installed HID kits in other cars before but I want to keep my standard headlights I have as i have a set of very nice Narva Range Power bulbs, absolutely love em,

I plan on mounting these on hood mounts from Relentless I hope, unless I need to find a way to put them on a small light bar in the front,

I had a kit years back from Xenon Depot, and they basically got absorbed I think by another company,

I know I can find a cheap set on eBay for 40 or less but don't mind spending a little more and knowing I am getting something of better quality.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #75
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
I got my HID set from DDM tuning. Very easy to do the conversion.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

Converted hella 700ff's to 55w 6k:

Ended up being bluer than I wanted (probably will do my headlights in 55w 5k when I retrofit) but they still are bright as fuck.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #76
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWMF View Post
Where did you get the HID conversion items,

I have a new set of 500FF coming in and i want to convert to HID before I install them,

I have installed HID kits in other cars before but I want to keep my standard headlights I have as i have a set of very nice Narva Range Power bulbs, absolutely love em,

I plan on mounting these on hood mounts from Relentless I hope, unless I need to find a way to put them on a small light bar in the front,

I had a kit years back from Xenon Depot, and they basically got absorbed I think by another company,

I know I can find a cheap set on eBay for 40 or less but don't mind spending a little more and knowing I am getting something of better quality.

i also used DDM tuning kits. I think i have some of the last Raptor style ballasts though. Not any different really just metal cased and way bigger. Wish i had as it would have made wiring a bit easier for my roof rack. but oh well.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #77
tattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura abouttattooedsnake has a spectacular aura about

Name: Erick
tattooedsnake's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys know if any one ever uses hella 500's hid/non hid for yellow fog/snow lights. It seems like im seeing a lot about the Piaa 510 and 520s with yellow lamps along with the Piaa Ion crystal lamps and nokya lamps to replace factory fog lamps, but not to much about the Hellas. Im thinking about getting an Avid light bar and mounting some low fog lights with yellow lamps for bad weather and some driving lights on top of the avid bar to be able to use on the highways here in CT.