1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

8000k fogs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ReBeLToY0, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Aug 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    ReBeLToY0

ReBeLToY0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCSB SOLD:(
    1/FOG light mod 2/ deflapped front 3/ plasti dipped matte black rims 3/ weather tech guards 4/ remove TRD Sport stickers and tailgate badges 5/ weather tech floor mats 6/tonneau covered bed 7/ nfab step bars 8/flowmaster 40series
    I don't want to retro fit the fogs and I understand the glare issues etc, I am thinking of maybe taking the entire fog light out and putting some of the night shade on it so they also blend into the bumper, what do you think? Will it also help w the glare and still light up the road? Say 3 coats of the night shade and maybe some clear coat so it stays with the bumper look... Just looking for some opinions with a few good laughs thrown in (I know it's coming)

2. Aug 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    Vincent05

Vincent05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bucks County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I did that with 2 light coats of nite shade and can barely see the lights at nite. I used 6000k bulbs. Took the nite shade right off and big difference. You can always try. If you don't like it, wipe it off

3. Aug 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    ReBeLToY0

ReBeLToY0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCSB SOLD:(
    1/FOG light mod 2/ deflapped front 3/ plasti dipped matte black rims 3/ weather tech guards 4/ remove TRD Sport stickers and tailgate badges 5/ weather tech floor mats 6/tonneau covered bed 7/ nfab step bars 8/flowmaster 40series
    Was the 6k scattered? Or too blinding to other drivers? I don't want to be a dick to others for the "look" hoping that they will help w night driving but not at the risk of others getting hurt

4. Aug 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    Vincent05

Vincent05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bucks County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    It's scattered and lights up the road infront of the truck nicely. So far have no one flash me yet. Had people flash me when I put the 6k in stock headlights, I have since switch them to spyder projector.

Products Discussed in

To Top