Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DIY: "Raptor" Style Lights

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #81
Bennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bennett
Bennett4's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine in over the weekend. Sorry for the poor quality picture - just a quick shot with my parking lights on. Easy to do and a very fun DIY

Old 01-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #82
Toyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Name: Devin
Toyotamudbogs's Tacoma Gallery
I love this did it last night . Took 2 days to get to me

Old 01-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #83
m32 has a spectacular aura aboutm32 has a spectacular aura aboutm32 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Edwin
m32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
looks good...i dont see the point of the 4th light tho...looks out of place lol

technically its the 5 lights to indicate that the vehicle is wider than i think 80 in. (not sure) hence why the duallys have them up top and the 5 lights in the rear
Unfortunately on the '12+ tacos, the grill design doesnt allow for three lights (with the middle in the center of the grill). It's either 2 or 4.

Edwin
Old 01-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #84
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Unfortunately on the '12+ tacos, the grill design doesnt allow for three lights (with the middle in the center of the grill). It's either 2 or 4.

Edwin
i see...
Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM   #85
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
I liked the look of three bit I guess I'll do four
Old 02-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #86
Worstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Hunter
Worstbullet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
I did my own, drilled these LEDs I got from oznium.com to some plexiglass I cut to fit into the 2011 grill
Could you take pictures on how you did yours?
Old 02-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #87
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
My dad thought that the lights I fabricated up would look good on his f150, so now I gotta make him some
Old 02-15-2014, 05:24 AM   #88
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstbullet View Post
Could you take pictures on how you did yours?
ill post a picture later when i get home from work..

basically, all i did was put the leds inside some plexiglass i had from work that i shaped to the fit tight inside the honeycomb part of the grill
Old 02-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #90
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetaco18 View Post
Anyone got pics of other colors installed? red, white?
not that i know off...anything other than amber and white would be illegal..
Old 02-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #91
nieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shednieb15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
nieb15's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #92
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Night shots, moving further back with each shot.

I'm actually tempted to get 2 more and mount them in the bumper for a genuine setup.......
Could you post some day pics with these lights on?
Old 02-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #93
scollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Scott
scollins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTopp View Post
Could you post some day pics with these lights on?
About as much "daylight" as I'll get this time of year in Renton. 11:30 AM, but overcast and light raing.....

If I wasn't lazy and grabbed my Nikon D3, they would probably look better than the iPhone 5S pictures above. In the last picture, it looks like the lights are almost white. But to the naked eye, they are still amber and quite visible and distinct. I'm across the street in this photo (26-28 feet wide).

Here is a link to the last image at full size: http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/...r.jpg~original
Old 02-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #94

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
About as much "daylight" as I'll get this time of year in Renton. 11:30 AM, but overcast and light raing.....
Thanks! I really want to still be able to see them during day hours and well as night
Old 03-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #95
crumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Wesley
crumf20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just finished a small DIY on my '13 Taco and wanted to share the results. I always liked the lights on the raptor grill so I wanted to see what was the best way to get that look.

I looked all over the place (ebay, amazon, etc) for the cleanest (and cheapest) possible solution and found it at oznium.com. I purchased LEDs from them before to work on my porsche so I went back there.

After perusing around, I figure I give these a try

Ordered 4 and got to work last night.

I took a couple of pics during install but wasn't very detailed.

Lots of wires but easily concealed once you put back the outer skin

Testing

Mounted up

Total cost: $20 and 2-3 hours... done Comments/criticism welcomed

Edwin
Whats the exact name of the ones you bought from oznium??
Old 03-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #96

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumf20 View Post
Whats the exact name of the ones you bought from oznium??
Oznium Link: http://www.oznium.com/motorcycle-led-bolt -called a side view bolt under motorcycle LEDs category

BUT superbrightleds.com, another very good site has these: http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...ate-bolt/1685/

Idk which is brighter, would like to know though
Old 03-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #97
tim2tall is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
tim2tall's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Love the look, I think I am going to do this to my truck as well. Off topic, but what kind of lights are your headlights?
Old 03-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #98
m32 has a spectacular aura aboutm32 has a spectacular aura aboutm32 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Edwin
m32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2tall View Post
Love the look, I think I am going to do this to my truck as well. Off topic, but what kind of lights are your headlights?
My headlights are TRS retrofit projectors

Edwin
Old 03-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #99
Worstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shedWorstbullet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Hunter
Worstbullet's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine last month, just never took pictures. Really liked this mod super easy.

In the dark.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #100

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine using the etrailer LEDs and instruction from scollins. Thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread