Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LightForce 240 Wiring Harness to OTRATTW

Old 09-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
LightForce 240 Wiring Harness to OTRATTW

So I have LightForce's wiring harness, trying to hook up my 240 Blitz's.

These are the instructions that came with the wiring harness:
http://www.lightforceusa.com/files/p...ober12_web.pdf

Everything hooks up fine with the factory switch they gave me pictured here:

The factory switch is on when I have "Earth" connected to the red/black wire and "Supply" connected to the brown wire. My problem is my rocker switch from OTRATTW won't come on when I try to hook it up. Here is the backside of that switch:

and the diagram of the switch:

In the LightForce instructions I hooked the "High Beam Switch" (D) to the battery for a constant power source [read that on another thread] but still no luck.

I know the switches work because my Rigid D2's hooked up like a charm last night.

Anyway, I'm not entirely wiring savy, however I feel like this shouldn't be that difficult...

Thank you to whoever has time and is willing to help a guy out!!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Peace Officer currently, US Army "Retired" as well
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
The description of how you are wiring it, is very vague to say the least. First you need to verify which wire is 12V hot and which is the ground (Your brown and Blk/Red wires) PINS 8 and 9 get wired to the ground circuit. 2 and 6 get a 12V positive, and 3 is the wire you run to either your relay...or direct to the lights. From what you are describing...you are not wiring it correctly. Also, whats this "high beam switch to the battery"? If you wantthem to come on when you turn your high beams on, you will tab into the "high beam" wire at the headlight, and run that 12v source to pin #2 on your switch. Hope this helps. Learn how to use a multimeter. They are your best friend when it comes to wiring.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the vague description, however I was using a multimeter the other night and wasn't getting the right reading (12-13v) but today it was saying different so I don't know what was going on.

Got the rocker switch to light up so now I just need to hook up the 240s and cross my fingers to see if it all works.

Thanks for the reply Taco!