Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Rigid 30" E-Series in the Lower Valance..

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
IRATE.AKTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kolin
IRATE.AKTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rigid 30" E-Series in the Lower Valance..

Installed my Rigid Industries 30" E-Series in my lower valance today "well yesterday"..

Mounted it using the SR Lower Valance mounting brackets by Rigid. It was a really snug fit as they are only made for the SR "Single Row" light bars but the E-Series fits on the brackets without modification.. I did have to do a little bit of trimming on the side of the valance in order for it to fit properly, but there is NO adjust-ability because of how tight it fits.. I wired it into my running lights with a switch therefor I can turn it on/off obviously..

Looking at the picture below you can see no real adjustment is needed the light is perfect on the road.. For those wondering no it does not stick out past the bumper its about 2in flushed in the valance..

Now I am just waiting for my 20" SR series, Rigid Grille, and my HID kit to come in to complete the look.. Really happy with how it should all turn out..
Old 10-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like it
Old 10-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
At least you found it! Now you see what ve been doing and why I havent texted you back yet..
Old 10-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no worries, looks sweet man, stoked to fill up the rest. Light output satisfactory ?
Old 10-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #7
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Wish somebody would do a right about this on a first gen
Old 10-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #8
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man, wanted to slap a led bar down there as well on my rig.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #9

Quote:
no worries, looks sweet man, stoked to fill up the rest. Light output satisfactory ?
We shall see when that SR20 get's in! I may need to get an amber cover for the 20" though as the 30" gives off soooo much light im afraid its going to get lost in it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco 2011 View Post
very nice.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
Wish somebody would do a right about this on a first gen
It really wouldn't be to difficult as I imagine we have somewhat similar front bumper mounts.. It woudnt cost a fabricator much to make them as the RI SR Mounts are direct bolt on's then just wire up the light bar I probably had all of 1.5hr between taking the grille off cutting the valance and installing everything..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtaco24 View Post
looks great man, wanted to slap a led bar down there as well on my rig.
Appreciate it man, I spent probably 2 weeks solid looking over and over on tacomaworld as to what everyone else has done and didn't see anyone with this exact setup yet so I saw my ticket and I love it..
Old 10-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #10
Purveyor of Fun

Id get the cover for the 30", its more usable as a fog light since its lower.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Id get the cover for the 30", its more usable as a fog light since its lower.
Already have a cover for it, will not fit though without cutting the lower valance all to hell though... There is ZERO play on top/around/below the bar for the covers to clip on...
Old 10-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
MattB77 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MattB77's Tacoma Gallery
Hey kolin are these the brackets you used if so I want to order them to mount my 30 in okled bar

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting-...Fcd_QgodzDcAeg
Old 10-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #13
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Very sweet

I'd like to do this...
Old 10-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Dont get covers period, they will kill the light output of the bar. If you want colored light buy the bar with the color you need.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB77 View Post
Hey kolin are these the brackets you used if so I want to order them to mount my 30 in okled bar

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting-...Fcd_QgodzDcAeg
MattB, yeap those are the ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
Dont get covers period, they will kill the light output of the bar. If you want colored light buy the bar with the color you need.
I appreciate the advise SE, I bought the covers for the 30" simply to protect it when not in use.. But I am considering covers as mentioned above on the SR 20 because of the output on the 30" as well as the conditions I will be driving in which are very snowy and overall darkness.. Therefor I do not require a lot of light output from the SR 20 due to the glare it will emit off snow fall, it will be more just visibility but I can see your point being true if relying on it solely for light output..
Old 10-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
i enjoy mine! actually, these were the PT rigid mounts for that location. Dont use it much, but when i do its to piss people off

Old 10-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #17
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
any chance you can get pictures of what all had to be trimmed? i've been asking this question for a long time (i have a E30 in my lower grill too on my '12) and really want to do this.

thanks for being an innovator
Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #18
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins View Post
any chance you can get pictures of what all had to be trimmed? i've been asking this question for a long time (i have a E30 in my lower grill too on my '12) and really want to do this.

thanks for being an innovator
on my 06, we had to trim every plastic piece in that spot.

If you go to this link HERE, click on my truck (one with satoshi) and you can see the rough cut pieces on the side of the light bar. Im not 100% on the new trucks, but assume its the same way.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #19
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
on my 06, we had to trim every plastic piece in that spot.

If you go to this link HERE, click on my truck (one with satoshi) and you can see the rough cut pieces on the side of the light bar. Im not 100% on the new trucks, but assume its the same way.
awesome, thank you, i know i'll have to trim all the bars out, but i know for a fact theres some plastic on the sides that need to "go away" just don't know exactly how much
Old 10-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
UG legend wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins View Post
awesome, thank you, i know i'll have to trim all the bars out, but i know for a fact theres some plastic on the sides that need to "go away" just don't know exactly how much
just cut them all flush with the plastic surround. take your time, and itll look fine with them all gone.

Products Discussed in this Thread