Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

ITS BROKEN!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
whonoez has a spectacular aura aboutwhonoez has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jay
whonoez's Tacoma Gallery
ITS BROKEN!!!

I have a 2013 tacoma DCSB. I was changing my headlight bulb on the passenger side and noticed that when I pulled off the rubber boot before pulling out the bulb, I saw that the metal prong that holds the light in place came out too. Tried to reattach it but noticed a piece missing when I compared it to the other headlight. How can I make my headlight stay in place now without having to purchase a new headlight housing?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
if the truck is still under warranty(2013 so it should be) maybe it can be fixed under warranty?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
if the truck is still under warranty(2013 so it should be) maybe it can be fixed under warranty?
Yup warranty covers just about everything, though they might give you crap about it.
I've broken things and had it replaced free of charge.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #4

whonoez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I blacked out my headlights. So it's considered modified. One of my buddies is a service advisor for toyota and he said it won't be covered. What other options do I have?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whonoez View Post
I blacked out my headlights. So it's considered modified. One of my buddies is a service advisor for toyota and he said it won't be covered. What other options do I have?
oh ok. idk what els. maybe post a pic if you can, may give someone an idea on how to fix it your self or if you going to just have to get a new light.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If by blacked out u mean the reflector bowl than yes it won't be covered. You can try fixing whatever broke off. Maybe you can buy the piece separately for cheap.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #7

whonoez's Tacoma Gallery
I'll mess with it. My buddy also suggested using some type of epoxy to glue it back together. For now I ghetto rigged it with duct tape. So far so good. Thanks guys.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Get that in writing and take it to the attorney general.

What your buddy told you is a violation of the Magnusson Moss act, which is a federal law.

To deny warranty coverage, they have to prove that the modification was the cause of the failure.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #9

whonoez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Get that in writing and take it to the attorney general.

What your buddy told you is a violation of the Magnusson Moss act, which is a federal law.

To deny warranty coverage, they have to prove that the modification was the cause of the failure.
True. I'll have them look at it.