Notices

HID Selection- Help please.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
NickM is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Nick
NickM's Tacoma Gallery
HID Selection- Help please.

Hey Guys, I have done lots of looking here and on HID Planet. I was set on the Morimoto H1 6.0. After hearing the H1 has a limited throw on some vehicles now i'm unsure. Here is my deal - I know that the FX-R's are better. I'm not comfortable with mounting and aligning them myself. I don't have the money do pay for it to be done either. I have narrowed my selection down to Mini H1, and Mini D2s. Ergg. Back and forth. they are so close in price and performance seems similar. H1 more bright and wide, D2s more even distribution. ANyone have any advice? Putting them on my 2011 taco.

Nick
Old 10-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
You hit the nail on the head. H1 is slightly brighter and D2S slightly more even spread.

I opted for the D2S for the even dispersion as well as the fact that IMO the larger shrouds look better in relatively larger Tacoma headlamps. I don't like how tiny the H1 mini projector shrouds look. Might be a small difference. But maybe enough to sway you.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
NickM is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Nick
NickM's Tacoma Gallery
Do you consider your mini d2s better than halogen? were they difficult to align and mount? I've watched vids but I'm curious from a taco owner. Do you ever wish you had more light down the road?
Old 10-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I've not heard of a single person who didn't find either mini adequate. They are far superior to your stock halogen output.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery

I'm running the mini H1's.
after running stock halogens, aftermarket halogens, and HID's in a reflector housing, these are an exponential increase in performance over the others.

I have 0 complaints with mine