Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Moisture in Headlights

Old 10-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
FriscosPre is on a distinguished road

Name: Eduardo
FriscosPre's Tacoma Gallery
Moisture in Headlights

I took my truck to the car wash this morning and later on I noticed that both headlights had moisture. I did the d2s retrofit lights and added extra RTV silicone on the housings couple weeks ago. I notice that the bulbs are a little loose and I also modified the rubber boot for bulb to sit properly, would of water gone around them?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #3
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Throw them in oven.
Crack them open.
Clean moisture.
Retrofit.
New sealant.
Close up.
Back in oven.
BAM. new, better headlights.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
FriscosPre is on a distinguished road

Name: Eduardo
FriscosPre's Tacoma Gallery
going to check them to see where they might be leaking from.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscosPre View Post
going to check them to see where they might be leaking from.

You can probably take them off and use a heat gun or hair dryer to remove the moisture. Then go around the light with sealant and look for cracks. I've done this successfully before without having to put the light in the oven.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
The housings are not sealed from the factory.

The caps on the back are vent caps.
If you remove the rubber cap on the back around the bulb, the inside of the housing is wide open.

If I blast mine directly with the pressure wand at the car wash, I'll get fogging for the next week or so on one of the housings.
They have never fogged from rain.

Park it facing south on a warm day with low humidity, remove the light, and warm it up with a hair dryer.
Close it back up, and when you wash the truck, use a rag on the lights and avoid hitting them with high pressure.