Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Best price on LED bars?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Best price on LED bars?

I've been doing some searching but I'm finding prices all over the place. Anyone found a good reliable source with the best price on those Totron LED bars?

I'm looking to put a 30" on the front of my truck and am having a hard time deciding where to buy from, I know about okledlightbars.com but the same bars are being sold on eBay now for over $100 less.

Where have other members bought and what did you pay for your lights?
Old 10-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
I have bought 2 light bars from here and they are awesome lights. They have a 99.6% Ebay rating. The first light I got from there came from china to to Texas in 3 days!!!..and it was free shipping..I have no idea how it got here that quick. The 2nd light took about 5 days shipping.

http://stores.ebay.com/eg-motor/LED-...=p4634.c0.m322

Be sure you buy one that is labeled CREE. They have older versions for most of the light bars with out cree bulbs that are much cheaper and not as bright. This might explain why you are seeing prices all over the place. And if you watch a few lights you are interested in, the buy now prices come down. These are pretty much the best prices I found with a store with that high of a rating.

I paid $300 for my 32" Cree double row SPOT only, which is still the current price. The same light without the Cree bulbs is $180 (both Buy Now prices)

Old 10-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html

group buy going on now
Old 10-18-2013, 04:11 AM   #5
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo 95 View Post
I have bought 2 light bars from here and they are awesome lights. They have a 99.6% Ebay rating. The first light I got from there came from china to to Texas in 3 days!!!..and it was free shipping..I have no idea how it got here that quick. The 2nd light took about 5 days shipping.

http://stores.ebay.com/eg-motor/LED-...=p4634.c0.m322

Be sure you buy one that is labeled CREE. They have older versions for most of the light bars with out cree bulbs that are much cheaper and not as bright. This might explain why you are seeing prices all over the place. And if you watch a few lights you are interested in, the buy now prices come down. These are pretty much the best prices I found with a store with that high of a rating.

I paid $300 for my 32" Cree double row SPOT only, which is still the current price. The same light without the Cree bulbs is $180 (both Buy Now prices)

These say they come from AUS. Same company? Also they seem to have the same product listed for different prices. (20" CREE 126W)
Old 10-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCCBEE View Post
These say they come from AUS. Same company? Also they seem to have the same product listed for different prices. (20" CREE 126W)
Yes, The link I posted is the store from my ebay purchase history. the store is called EG-Motor. Sometimes when I was checking prices the they would show up in AUS currency instead of US dollars.
Make sure the url doesn't have "AU" after the ".com" for it to show us currency.
http://stores.ebay.com./eg-motor

Like the banner says... Shipped from AUS..maybe it is a marketing ploy to make them seem less "Chinese". It still says "EG-Motor" in the upper left hand corner. Both of my packages came from EG-Motors postmarked from China.
As far as the different prices... I encountered the same thing. read very careful. Some bars say CREE, or EPISTAR, or nothing. Crees are the best and will always cost a little more.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, The link I posted is the store from my ebay purchase history. the store is called EG-Motor. Sometimes when I was checking prices the they would show up in AUS currency instead of US dollars.
Make sure the url doesn't have "AU" after the ".com" for it to show us currency.

Like the banner says... Shipped from AUS..maybe it is a marketing ploy to make them seem less "Chinese". It still says "EG-Motor" in the upper left hand corner. Both of my packages came from EG-Motors postmarked from China.
As far as the different prices... I encountered the same thing. read very careful. Some bars say CREE, or EPISTAR, or nothing. Crees are the best and will always cost a little more.
Yeah, prolly trying to seem less chinese. I guess I am getting mixed up with the wattage. My fiance wants a 20" Double row Spot/Flood, but I dunno which wattage to get.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
SeeLite
Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCCBEE View Post
Yeah, prolly trying to seem less chinese. I guess I am getting mixed up with the wattage. My fiance wants a 20" Double row Spot/Flood, but I dunno which wattage to get.
The first one I got was a 30" 90 watt single row spot only..and it was plenty bright.

The second one, which I have now, is a 180W 32" double row Cree, Spot only. As you can see it..it really isn't a true spot...it is more of a euro beam...it has plenty of spread/flood to it. Personally I would get something with SPOT or combo only. The bar I have is like the Rigid design with the foot mounts on the side. I know they have some less expensive ones with the mounts underneath it.

I think as long as you get something with around 9,000 lumens you will be in good shape. BTW the lights I got came with Deutsch connector on the wiring...so you will want to get a harness with the Deutsch connector. You can clip them off and install like a normal off-road light, but this makes a for a nice clean install. The harness is good, but The switch sucks on it..so I just changed it out for nice daystar one that fits perfectly in our dashboard
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Ca...item35cd2abe6a

I didt a lot a research before I took a chance on these ebay/totron LED bars..and they have served me well at a great price...so I am happy to help out the next guy with their decision.
Good luck, and let me know what you end up with & pics!

35W HID headlight only

Headlights + 180W 32" inch CREE SPOT only (It is even brighter in person)
Old 10-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the info guys! Anyone have experience with Seelite? I was looking at this bar, a little pricier though http://seelite.myshopify.com/collect...ebuildable-bar . What do you guys think? Anyone have one or a similar "rebuildable" style?
Old 10-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I think I am liking these,

I come from CPF and know the difference between different Cree LEDs, you see a set of 10W Cree LED flood lamps, like I want for extra reverse lights and the good thing is they look identical to the ones sold at Northern Tool now and for the price Northern sells one I can maybe get two.

When you read 10W and @800 Lumens you hope it's a Cree XM-L LED, as the XP-G or XP-G2 can't close to that output, however the newest and better tinted LED is the Cree XM-L2, which I doubt is in there. Thing is almost all comapnies DO NOT show you pictures of the actual LED in the light, good enough to determine what the LED is, and also the biggest thing I want to see is the tint of the emitter. 6500K is to cool/white for me,

I know some very costly lights will have the latest and most efficient Cree LEDs in them. But these are looking to be of decent value.

Thanks for chiming in on the Ebay store...
Old 10-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWMF View Post
I think I am liking these,

I come from CPF and know the difference between different Cree LEDs, you see a set of 10W Cree LED flood lamps, like I want for extra reverse lights and the good thing is they look identical to the ones sold at Northern Tool now and for the price Northern sells one I can maybe get two.

When you read 10W and @800 Lumens you hope it's a Cree XM-L LED, as the XP-G or XP-G2 can't close to that output, however the newest and better tinted LED is the Cree XM-L2, which I doubt is in there. Thing is almost all comapnies DO NOT show you pictures of the actual LED in the light, good enough to determine what the LED is, and also the biggest thing I want to see is the tint of the emitter. 6500K is to cool/white for me,

I know some very costly lights will have the latest and most efficient Cree LEDs in them. But these are looking to be of decent value.

Thanks for chiming in on the Ebay store...
There was no literature in the box, so I have no idea what kind of CREE LED they are. And you cant tell what the circuit board says next to the LED without taking them apart. I will say, it is a clean 5000K-6000K..and all the LED are consistent in tint/brightness. There are no odd balls out of them on my 32" double row bar.
I almost got the bar with the new 10W LEDs, but after studying the diagram, the length of the foot mounts on the double row would fit my grill guard perfectly with no modification..and the 10W LED bar had different mounts. I read on another forum...a distributor of these bars said the new 10W bulbs throw noticeably further due to the deeper reflector. I haven't seen a photo of one mounted on a vehicle.
Post pics of your setup after your purchase.