1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help on choosing Leds for Cluster

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Babbar Khalsa, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Oct 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    Babbar Khalsa

Babbar Khalsa [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manjot
    Cooper City FL
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5 2.7l
    Stock
    Hey guys noobie here. I wanted to do an led bulb swap on my 03 Taco on the cluster and wanted to know what kind of bulbs to get. Polarized non polarized? Whats the difference? And I know there different angles of bulbs, which angle is going to look the best when I put them in? And what are hotspots? Thanks and sorry if I asked too many questions

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    DR007

DR007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Port Barre, LA
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB PreRunner
    MagnaFlow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, MB TKO wheels with 265/75/r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM, Blue Center shift LED color change, Map Lights with Dome, LED Map and Dome lights, Cluster Light Change, DTRL, Parking Light as Blinker, Blue A/C Control lights, Blue Clock, Bed Lights, Debadged tailgate, painted all exterior plastic trim, 6LZ Lightbars in grille, OTRATTW switches, Fog Light in Reverse light Mod, LED Blinkers all around, Projector Fog Lights, 15" blitzpro light bar, added hidden cig lighter port, custom plate front bumper, OME complete lift with 885 front coils, Ultraguage, CB radio 3' whips, 12v bed lighter port, Center Console Lights, AllProOffroad Sliders, 50" roof led light bar, 2 BlitzPro 6LZ Reverse Lights
    You're going to want a bulb with a wide angle to prevent hot spots. Hot spots are when the light is brighter in on area and lighter in the others. Most LEDs are polarized so you almost have no choice but will have to be mindful when installing to put them in right or turn them around if they don't light up. Superbrightleds should have what you are looking for.

3. Oct 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    Babbar Khalsa

Babbar Khalsa [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manjot
    Cooper City FL
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5 2.7l
    Stock
    Hey thanks for the reply man appreciate it!

Products Discussed in

To Top