1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRS mini H1 high beam problems!!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sheepdog, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Oct 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    Sheepdog

Sheepdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab, 4x4, TRD, SR5
    Eibach/Bilsteins, Beefed shackles, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, Custom roll bar, TG Sliders, Elite Front Bumper, XRC8 Winch
    I Bought a complete kit to do a retro on my 02 from TRS a few months back. I had the kit installed and working for about 3 months now and for the last 3 weeks my high beams are completely ineffective... Its almost like the cut-off-shields are only partially actuating. I hope that all makes sense... So the light itself works great but whenever I toggle to high beams, the fine lowbeam cutoff line goes away but the light beam doesn't get much higher than it used to when everything worked properly. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. Nov 1, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:
    You're best bet is to have somebody help you by hitting the high beams with the lights off (if it will work) you can look in and see if the solenoid is pulling the shield down.

What version are they? 5.0 or 6.0?

The older ones they suggested doing a "pre installation procedure" where you take the solenoid plunger out and sand it and grease it so it doesn't stick

3. Nov 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    trdspectacoma

trdspectacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    B.I Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    13 dCab preRunner
    I had that same problem. It sucks that you have to do another take out but that is the only way to fix the problem. the relay will work to activate the high lights but, the solenoid is not moving.

I had my mini for about 2 years. It had enough power where did not need to use the high beams so when it did get stuck I had to rip it apart. so every month I take off the harness for the high switch and put some leads then activate the solenoid with a 9v about 10 times just to have the mechanism move with out using the lights.

Products Discussed in

To Top