1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do all Tacoma Trucks come wired for fogs?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by VTaco08, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Nov 12, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    VTaco08

VTaco08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4
    OME Complete lift kit, Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA's, G2 1.25 wheel spacers, Pro Comp 17/8 5001, derrped badges.
    I have an 08 Tacoma and was wondering if it came wired for fog lights? If it is wired for fog lights i was wondering if instead of installing regular fog lights if I could install a set of rigid d2 led's without modifying the wiring? Thank you

PS In fear of someone asking the obvious question...no I dont have fog lights.;)

2. Nov 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    They usually come with the wiring, but are missing the switches and relays.
    I'm not sure, but I don't think the Rigids come with the same plug end as the stock lights, so you'll need to jumper the ends together, unless there is a kit somewhere that makes then for you.

3. Nov 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Most assuredly not.

My 2010 is a 2 wheel 5 lugger..no wiring of any kind for foggies. Check underneath near your fog light covers on the other side, you'll see a wire or 2 if so. There's another way, I forget the spot on the box under the hood but a search here should bring it to you.

I'll echo Brunes' words on the LED wiring. I don't see that you'd need thicker gauge wire for the LED, just the end connection is all you're looking at maybe having to modify. Not sure how the LEDs hook up..I had a similar issue with my 3 PIAA crystal ions, the PIAA harness only had 2 plugs so I had to cut the plug off one and solder it into the one next to it. Simple enough though.

4. Nov 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    VTaco08

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4
    OME Complete lift kit, Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA's, G2 1.25 wheel spacers, Pro Comp 17/8 5001, derrped badges.
    Crawled under there when installing my lift and the answer is no. It has the housing for the fogs to include the mount but no wiring and no relay switch....damn base model!

5. Nov 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    The harness is the same. Dunno about the 2wd. But all the fog plugs and wiring, overhead gauge stuff is all there on my base/sr5. 2006 4wd

So YES. Your taco is pre wired for fogs. It's way cheaper for Toyota to make only one wiring harness.

The plugs are not hanging down by the fogs. They're taped up.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  6. Nov 30, 2013 at 12:24 AM
    illmatyk

illmatyk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yigo,Guam
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB
    I have 2013 Pre Runner, non TRD, checked if it was wired up but its not.

7. Dec 2, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    VTaco08

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4
    My truck is the actual base model, not the SR5. I saw my budies truck which didn't have factory installed fogs and he had a slot for his relay switch to be plugged into as well as the wiring. My truck from what I have seen has neither of these.

8. Dec 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Under the hood, open the fuse/relay box. I forget the relay# but IIRC it's labeled on the cover.

They definitely aren't all prewired. I forget the ones that are and are not, but I have a 2WD 5 lug that wasn't.

Got a kit on Ebay for about $90 and it even had a nice switch very similar to OEM which fit in my dash perfectly, you'd be hard pressed to tell it was aftermarket if you didn't know. I've had em for a year now and zero issues.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top