LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LifeTime LED Headlights??

Old 01-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #201
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just wanted to let you guys know I did install the lights. It was really easy. I haven't had a clear night to film yet, but they work well. I was driving in a snow storm with them and they seem good. I think halogens cut through the snow a little better but they are still good. I need to test them more before I post my full review.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #202
Tom103 is on a distinguished road
Tom103's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I got my install 100% done now and have been driving around in the snow. I think they work great and I'm loving then for sure
Old 01-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #203
setty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics guys! Y'all like these vs HID?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #204
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1980 View Post
I just installed mine a few hours ago, but won't really get to test them until the morning. I had a little problem with one of the LED light driver boxes, but it is currently working as of a few minutes ago (The low beam did not work, I fiddled with the plug and tapped on the LED light driver box, then started to work. Messaged Lifetime LED about the issue).

I took off the plastic sleeve with the metal bulb alignment/mounting plate to put the rubber boot on it. Just twist and pull off. I had to apply a little force to pancake the rubber to get the sleeve to lock back in.:

Stock:

LED:

hmm, this beam pattern is not that great. no more nice cut off. any other side by side pics?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:30 PM   #205
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
I just wanted to let you guys know I did install the lights. It was really easy. I haven't had a clear night to film yet, but they work well. I was driving in a snow storm with them and they seem good. I think halogens cut through the snow a little better but they are still good. I need to test them more before I post my full review.
Yeah white lights when it's snowing doesn't work as well. that's why many off road lights have optional covers to change the tint.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #206
jc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjc1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Veteran Submariner MM2(SS) (Nuclear Machinist's Mate/Engineering Laboratory Technician)
Name: Jason
jc1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
hmm, this beam pattern is not that great. no more nice cut off. any other side by side pics?

Sorry, that's all I have.

I really like them better than stock. To my eyes, they do light up the road better.

Update to my previous post: Lifetime LED did send out a replacement LED light driver and told me to toss the old one. The message to them was sent on 1/16 (1/17 their timezone), they replied on 1/17 and I received the replacement on 1/22.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #207
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1980 View Post
Sorry, that's all I have.

I really like them better than stock. To my eyes, they do light up the road better.

Update to my previous post: Lifetime LED did send out a replacement LED light driver and told me to toss the old one. The message to them was sent on 1/16 (1/17 their timezone), they replied on 1/17 and I received the replacement on 1/22.
sorry if it came off super negative. its way better then stock and doesnt look to have as much light splatter as the HID installs (not counting retrofitting)

will keeping an eye on this thread.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #208
Streakshot12 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Layton
Streakshot12's Tacoma Gallery
this may have already been mentioned but i stopped reading after 5 pages. I know for a fact you can actually buy full led kits for a jeep wrangler (BOO) as there are 3 in my area that i know of, and they are stupid bright. One was behind me the other day and i swear he had RI duallys stuffed in the headlight housings, instead of the standard bulb design, and even as DRL's. Having converted to a 55w hid/projector setup myself i would have rivaled this guys particular setup with mine any day. It was BRIGHT, not blinding by any means, but it easily threw a good amount of light into the distance and not just up close
Old 01-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #209
setty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant futuresetty7 has a brilliant future
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
Anything new?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #210
Anzy is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
Anzy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakshot12 View Post
this may have already been mentioned but i stopped reading after 5 pages. I know for a fact you can actually buy full led kits for a jeep wrangler (BOO) as there are 3 in my area that i know of, and they are stupid bright. One was behind me the other day and i swear he had RI duallys stuffed in the headlight housings, instead of the standard bulb design, and even as DRL's. Having converted to a 55w hid/projector setup myself i would have rivaled this guys particular setup with mine any day. It was BRIGHT, not blinding by any means, but it easily threw a good amount of light into the distance and not just up close
Hella makes them for the jeeps. But a whole replacement is super for a jeep since all it is is a round headlight.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #211
CMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to beholdCMerk is a splendid one to behold
Army: Commo
Name: Chad
CMerk's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for any future info….
Old 01-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #212
itsjusttim has a spectacular aura aboutitsjusttim has a spectacular aura about
itsjusttim's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my headlights tonight, got dark before I could install the fogs. Will take pics tomorrow after everything is done.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #213
DIRT
mr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
mr optimist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Truck light has LED headlights too. They replace the sealed beams, so early first gens can benefit, but not the rest of us...
Here's a video off their website.

http://youtu.be/JhdBPNPLYAU

Story
Great for us sealed beam people! $250 seems kinda steep though...
Old 01-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #214
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My apologies on not getting that video up yet. It has been too cold here. It's going to be -15* f tonight and it kills my camera batteries really fast. As soon as I get a night above 0 I'll be out there shooting the last piece. I did film the install.

I would like to point out what I have learned so far.
- much more light
- good cut off not necessarily crisp but sharp enough.
- brights throw more light, but not a whole lot more distance.
- in bad snow there is a slight issue with accumulation on the headlight. Because they don't have as much heat, they don't melt the snow. It's not a major problem because it I still felt they threw enough light. Especially with my fogs(rigid duallys) on.

I am happy with the purchase and love the color. They are a little whiter than my duallys, but much better than the ugly halogen.

I have not been flashed by oncoming drivers yet.

This is why I haven't filmed the last part. lol
Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #215
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered 2 sets... One for me and one for a Defender 90... we shall see
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #216
Tom103 is on a distinguished road
Tom103's Tacoma Gallery
Took this in the morning. Forgot to take before and after pictures oh well.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #217
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics??
Old 01-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #218
itsjusttim has a spectacular aura aboutitsjusttim has a spectacular aura about
itsjusttim's Tacoma Gallery
Nope but I am very happy with them.

A few things I learned along the way...
definitely move the battery and washer fluid tank as it takes 2 min and makes installation much easier!
Installation took me about 2 min for the drivers side, but the clip on the passenger side was a bitch and took me like 13 min to close.

Fog Light installs are really quick and very straight forward.

As far as performance goes, they are amazing. My cut off is pretty sharp and lights up the road nicely! I can definately tell I not only got a wall of light, but the distance lit is also very improved.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #219
kd8bao is just really nicekd8bao is just really nicekd8bao is just really nicekd8bao is just really nicekd8bao is just really nice

EMS:
Name: Henry
kd8bao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncrx2003 View Post
Are the set you sell the same as the Lifetime LED ones? When you said unlock the flange, what one exactly?
Yes they are the same. Anything offered on the lifetime site we sell also. We are an authorized Lifetime LED dealer. I am still working on adding the rest of the products to the store. We are also offering 15% off for forum members. Use the code : taco_15_off : for 15% off entire site. Come look around

wiredinstallation.com
Old 01-31-2014, 07:09 AM   #220
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see all the positive feedback on these...it's tough for me to justify ~150$ for headlight bulbs though...wish they were closer to the $100 price point. Hm...