Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LifeTime LED Headlights??

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #461
o0o Flaming Skull Member o0o
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shadow
o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzy View Post
My 2011 throws a shit ton of light with them in. Definitely no problems here. And much better than silverstars and piaa.
Dude, same here. I have been running the headlight and fog light bulbs for months now and I have no complaints. I still go driving at night just so I can use my headlights. I love these things.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #462
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking at these for my wife 4Runner, but with the CREE issues, burn outs, I'll have to pass on these until they are more stable. Hoping the new batch does better than the old ones.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #463
Anzy will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
Anzy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0oSHADOWo0o View Post
Dude, same here. I have been running the headlight and fog light bulbs for months now and I have no complaints. I still go driving at night just so I can use my headlights. I love these things.
👍
Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #464
Ken b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud of
Air Force: Crew Chief, MSgt, Retired
Name: Ken
Ken b's Tacoma Gallery
Fyi, i got notice that my new lights have shipped. Hopefully they will be the new style.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #465
mfdchief will become famous soon enough

Name: Louis
mfdchief's Tacoma Gallery
Update: Overall love the lights but I had to contact Lifetime for the 4th time today for a failure. I have had the LED H4 headlights since February 6th. Today's issue is drivers side low beam out. Luckily I have the time to swap ballast and figure out the issue and they are very good at resolving the issue but its beginning to make me wonder.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #466
o0o Flaming Skull Member o0o
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shadow
o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdchief View Post
Update: Overall love the lights but I had to contact Lifetime for the 4th time today for a failure. I have had the LED H4 headlights since February 6th. Today's issue is drivers side low beam out. Luckily I have the time to swap ballast and figure out the issue and they are very good at resolving the issue but its beginning to make me wonder.
These are reportedly made from high quality USA made parts ........ but are assembled in China.

I have not had any trouble with mine...yet. I actually got my headlight bulbs through AutoAnything where they were marketed under PlasmaGlow's name and only carry a 2 year warranty.

I got the H11-f fog light bulbs from Lifetime. I'm still very confident that they will both last and perform well.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:50 AM   #467
mfdchief will become famous soon enough

Name: Louis
mfdchief's Tacoma Gallery
I received the below from Lifetime yesterday afternoon.

We have recently discoveredan issue with the CREE chips that are used in our H4 headlight replacements. Wewill warranty The H4 replacement but we can not use the current chipset modelthat we have. The New chipsets will arrive in a couple weeks and we willreplace any defective H4 headlights with a new set. We are sorry for anyinconvenience this may cause but we want you to have the best quality product.We will keep you informed on when they should be ready to ship.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #468
GTSJames is on a distinguished road
GTSJames's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to the defect list, driver low beam started flickering one night, next day it was completely dead I've had them for two months at most.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #469
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
So, I just thought I would let everyone know that my replacements just showed up at the house last night... There was no communication what so ever that they were coming so if you have contacted them about the issue be ready for them to show up lol
Old 07-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #470
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiManKolt View Post
So, I just thought I would let everyone know that my replacements just showed up at the house last night... There was no communication what so ever that they were coming so if you have contacted them about the issue be ready for them to show up lol
Let us know if they are the new style and give us some detail if they are please
Old 07-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #471
Anzy will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
Anzy's Tacoma Gallery
I saw they were testing a 70 watt set. I'm interested in those
Old 07-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #472
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
Let us know if they are the new style and give us some detail if they are please
I finally got around to swapping them out and took a couple pictures of the different unit.

The new light unit has a larger ass end and fan. Not sure of the technical specs differences between the two. The driver looks to be the same.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #473
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
What is the diameter of the new fan housing?

That is a radical difference.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #474
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
when you got the replacements was the mounting flange bent like the originals?
Old 07-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #475
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post

I will measure when I get home. I didn't have any issues with mounting them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
when you got the replacements was the mounting flange bent like the originals?
They mount the same way but mine wasn't as bent as yours. Mine sat pretty flush. They did have better packaging with a foam holder.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #476
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I will measure when I get home. I didn't have any issues with mounting them though.

They mount the same way but mine wasn't as bent as yours. Mine sat pretty flush. They did have better packaging with a foam holder.
Are they still the cree LED's or have they gone to something else for the replacements?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Are they still the cree LED's or have they gone to something else for the replacements?
They are still using CREE LED's. This is what they said to me in an email:

"We have recently discovered an issue with the CREE chips that are used in our H4 headlight replacements. We will warranty The H4 replacement but we can not use the current chipset model that we have. The New chipsets will arrive in a couple weeks and we will replace any defective H4 headlights with a new set."
Old 07-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #478
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post

Old housing is 1 9/16".
New housing is 2 1/8".
Old 07-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #479
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Old housing is 1 9/16".
New housing is 2 1/8".
that might not be the new "redesign", here is a post from may 19th from here: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ow-wow-20.html

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
KF5WZU previously said: View Post
I emailed LifetimeLED and they said that there will be a revision sometime in the future to correct the high-beam issue. Not sure how soon, but I'm going to wait for a few more months before get a set.

Edit - just heard back, they say 3-4 months for the redesign/update.
So I just wanted to add that I had the low beam LED flicker and then go out permanently on the unit on the driver side a couple weeks ago. It was the LED because the fan on the unit would still run with the lows on so it was getting power with the lights turned on. A real bummer for it only being in for a few months.

But all it took was a call to lifetime LED and they shipped out a replacement in a day and was at my door in a week. I actually just left a message describing what happened and that was enough for them. They sent a new bulb and LED controller.

The new bulb is slightly different from the first one. The fan unit is smaller. Maybe that's the change for fixing the bulb tilting in the housing.

Anyway I'm very happy with the output of these lights and the customer service is great!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App Attached Thumbnails
His replacement was the smaller bodied fan, kinda weird
Old 07-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #480
Not sure why that is but mine was the complete opposite. My originals (small housing) failed and they sent me the new ones (large housing) as a replacement... If what your saying is true then they sent me the old model as a replacement for the new model and the new model is the one that failed. Seems kind of backwards to me.

Products Discussed in this Thread