Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LifeTime LED Headlights??

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #41
northwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednorthwesttaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
northwesttaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder what the company actually means as "lifetime" warranty.. Like when something stops working is that considered the end of its "lifetime" so the warranty is out?
Old 12-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #42
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I found this thread. These could be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =JSG= View Post
There is a thread about these on ih8mud:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/accessories/...eadlights.html
I wish they would have put up some shots of light output on a road. An LED flashlight can also throw light onto a garage but won't go far down the street.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #43
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
seems like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...being dragged by a unicorn...and a leprechaun.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #44
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwesttaco View Post
I wonder what the company actually means as "lifetime" warranty.. Like when something stops working is that considered the end of its "lifetime" so the warranty is out?
They say for as long as you own the light.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #45
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
There is absolutely no way I will change anything about the stock headlights on my '13. They are simply put, the best headlights on any vehicle I have ever seen in my life. I can't imagine improving on them at all!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #46
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
There is absolutely no way I will change anything about the stock headlights on my '13. They are simply put, the best headlights on any vehicle I have ever seen in my life. I can't imagine improving on them at all!
Sarcasm? What drew you in here?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #47
Smooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud of
Marines: 0331 / 0341
Name: G
Smooth Operator's Tacoma Gallery
I see a lot of people white-knighting a product that has little to no evidence that they're the best thing since JDAM's. I'm skeptical, seems like an interesting concept. But without proof, I'm not going to sperg out and buy a set only to be failed by popular opinion.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #48
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
I see a lot of people white-knighting a product that has little to no evidence that they're the best thing since JDAM's. I'm skeptical, seems like an interesting concept. But without proof, I'm not going to sperg out and buy a set only to be failed by popular opinion.
I feel the same way. Until I see some real output on a roadway, I'll hold my judgement. Seems funky to push a $150 LED bulb set without any substantial comparison photos. The pics the Southeast Overland guy posted were nice but I'd like to see more. And FWIW I don't know if I am just a lighting pattern retard, but when he said they had well-defined cutoffs, I couldn't see anything like that in the pics of the garage. He might have been referencing the vertical stopping point to the left though, because horizontal cutoff looked nonexistent.

The appeal is there, especially since I don't want to do retrofit, I just wanna see someone post output pics compared to stock bulbs on a road.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #49
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 169.254.255.201 View Post
I have never heard of LEDS in headlights..
Actually almost every 2014-2015 BMW high end vehicles are running LED headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjumper2003 View Post
I sell led headlights now. They are 140 a set plus shipping. The output is great and is definitely brighter than stock, but not quite as bright as hid. Some of the big pluses are instant on. No waiting for bulb to heat up and get bright. Another big plus is the focus. Hids scatter light and arent focused as the led headlights focus and there is not extra bleeding on the sides that normally blind people going down the road.
Just a quick question since you sell them. Not trying to inject a debate on this, but perhaps you have found out something I have not.

I have been following a lot of the information over the past year or so on LED headlights. One thing I have NOT seen change as of yet, is the federal laws regarding the USE of LED headlights. Unless it has changed, there are only a SMALL handful of auto manufacturers who have LED headlights that are approved by DOT to be used on the road. BMW, Mercedes are two that I believe have met DOT/SAE approval. As a matter of fact, recently Audi has had one of their cars LED headlights officially banned for use in the United States.

So my question is, what have you learned so far about the legality of LED headlights? Since I operate a business licensed by the state and federal government, I have to make sure every product I sell is legal. I have had a few customers ask me about LED conversions, which I have declined to do because of the legality, but I do know that laws change.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #51
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I think this is no different than running HID's or a retrofit. Both of those are technically illegal as well.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #52
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Audi's introduced LED headlights last year IIRC
Yes. R8 was first to have LEDs from the factory.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #54
gunmetalghost is on a distinguished road
Name: Lamar
gunmetalghost's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I think this is no different than running HID's or a retrofit. Both of those are technically illegal as well.
I am not trying to trash this, I truly just don't know, but how are retrofit's illegal?
Old 12-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #55
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmetalghost View Post
I am not trying to trash this, I truly just don't know, but how are retrofit's illegal?
legally/technically, any modification to the headlight, to include other that halogen bulbs and adding a retrofit (anything that didn't come on the vehicle from the factory)
is illegal

but is generally overlooked as a minor infraction by LE
Old 12-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #56
Thanks, I guess I could see that, but pretty stupid
Old 12-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #57
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, I guess I could see that, but pretty stupid
mainly because headlight housings are made to accommodate specific types of bulbs, and adding aftermarket stuff can blind the shit out of other drivers and turn into a safety hazard
Old 12-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #58
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know, something about them having to be oem projectors or something. But one of the guys at The Retrofit Source company has talked with cops and they really don't have an issue with them since they're safe and 10x better than just throwing HID's in stock housings like many people do. Which is also illegal.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #59
Sounds good enough for me, but definitely better than just throwing in HID's
Old 12-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #60
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Yes. R8 was first to have LEDs from the factory.
I believe, but I never swear to it for sure, that BMW beat them to it in one of their high end luxury cars. I will have to go back and check all of my prior research.

Products Discussed in this Thread