1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Want Driving & Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by dhthompson1, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Nov 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    dhthompson1

dhthompson1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5
    I am brand new to this forum & enjoying myself with all the info here. I am considering adding both fog lights & auxilliary high beam lights to my 2001 TRD Xtra Cab. I'd like the fog lights down low & as far apart as I can get them. I want to mount the auxilliary high beams up higher, but closer together. Has anyone done both on your truck? I see several bull bar, light bar & grill guard options out there. I like the prices on the bull bars & light bars, but I'm not finding an option that gets me where I want to be without a boat load of $$. I've seen a few options that seemed like they might help me pull this off, but then found they don't make them to fit 01 Tacomas.

Related to this, can I rewire my marker lights into turn signals & the use the old front turn signal cavities for fog lights? Anyone tried this?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Will figure this out one way or the other.

Thanks!

Dan

2. Nov 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:
    Retrofits are the way to go unless you like the look of all the lights on the front of the truck.

My FX-R retrofit dumps out a ridiculous amount of light, I don't even turn my fog lights on anymore and the high beam is crazy.

But if you want bars and lights upon lights others will tell you which ones to go with ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top