1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Projectors and Non-HIDS?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by LowerBost, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Dec 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    LowerBost

LowerBost [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Sport
    Old Man Emu Lift w/ Dakars and Billsteins, K&N Intake, Throttle Body Space, Front Bull Bar, Side Rails, Painted Stock Rims, Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, Third Brake Light Cover, Satoshi Grill Mod, BHLM Mod
    I bought a set of headlights with projectors and HID's for my truck awhile back. I really don't like the HID's because more often than not my passenger side light won't kick on with the first shot. I was thinking of switching back to my regular lights but would they still be as bright being inside the projector as a normal bulb?

2. Dec 2, 2013 at 6:59 AM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:

You are able to put regular bulbs in. You will need an adapter from 9003 to whatever bulb the projectors use unless they are already set up for that.

They will work but HIDs are 2-3 times brighter, so the halogens won't be great. Usually the cutoff in the aftermarket assemblies isn't great. Compared to the stock ones in my truck I don't see how any aftermarket ones could be better.

3. Dec 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    LowerBost

LowerBost [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Sport
    Old Man Emu Lift w/ Dakars and Billsteins, K&N Intake, Throttle Body Space, Front Bull Bar, Side Rails, Painted Stock Rims, Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, Third Brake Light Cover, Satoshi Grill Mod, BHLM Mod
    My thoughts were that I Just did the BHML on my factory headlights and haven't put them back together yet. I was thinking I could retrofit them to a projector and use a regular bulb inside if that works?

Any ideas?

Products Discussed in

To Top