Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma

Old 03-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #41
OscarMayor is on a distinguished road
OscarMayor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliv View Post
Chas of MRT no problem, if you have a base model like me with no fogs and you want fogs, this is a no brainer. If you want to upgrade your stock fogs, the SR-M series is way to go. Gotta be honest here, these little lights destroy the Duallys, I couldn't believe it. I took my Duallys off, I am going to either sell them or relocate them on the truck.
-When you say driving pattern, do you mean the "spot" pattern?

-I'm in the market for these, for those high traffic, dawn/dusk times. I have HID retro heads and feel it's overkill for other drivers sometime; especially rice burners and lowered vehicles, ha. For safe, road-worthy applications what do you recommend? M or M2, spot or flood?

Was going to do anytime fog mod, for continuous options based on conditions.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #42
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarMayor View Post
-When you say driving pattern, do you mean the "spot" pattern?

-I'm in the market for these, for those high traffic, dawn/dusk times. I have HID retro heads and feel it's overkill for other drivers sometime; especially rice burners and lowered vehicles, ha. For safe, road-worthy applications what do you recommend? M or M2, spot or flood?

Was going to do anytime fog mod, for continuous options based on conditions.
The SR-M is a two LED light that comes in spot, flood and diffused patterns. This is about 2/3's the output of a dually and would be perfect for what you are describing. Go for the flood pattern

The SR-M2 is a higher draw 3 led light that puts out more light than a dually does. These come in driving, wide and diffused optics.

Check this - http://www.rigidindustries.com/sites...catalog/31.pdf
Old 03-20-2014, 05:50 PM   #43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
The SR-M is a two LED light that comes in spot, flood and diffused patterns. This is about 2/3's the output of a dually and would be perfect for what you are describing. Go for the flood pattern

The SR-M2 is a higher draw 3 led light that puts out more light than a dually does. These come in driving, wide and diffused optics.

Check this - http://www.rigidindustries.com/sites...catalog/31.pdf
That chart was exactly what I needed! It would seem that floods have the closest characteristics to a driving lamp...thanks for the input!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #44
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Let me know if I can provide anymore insight for ya. Thank you to those who just placed orders for these SR-M kits!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #45
whopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: wayne
whopper's Tacoma Gallery
bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobracommander View Post
Damn that looks good! What kind of bar is that you have?
texas 4x4 made this one EBAY
Old 03-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #46
buffalojay is on a distinguished road

buffalojay's Tacoma Gallery
Does the kid come with everything you need to wire and hook it all up? Will I have to buy my own switch to put in the cab?
Old 03-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #47
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo Kilo View Post
I'm hoping to work on fitting the lights this weekend, but I can't make any promises. Sorry guys, but I hardly have any available time to get the damn things installed. I've got most of the wiring drawn up, but the first thing on my list is to fabricate mounts for the Dually's since everyone's been waiting so long for this.
Any progress? Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalojay View Post
Does the kid come with everything you need to wire and hook it all up? Will I have to buy my own switch to put in the cab?

Yes sir! comes with harness, led switch, brackets, hardware, lights and instructions.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #49
RigidIndustries is on a distinguished road

RigidIndustries's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliv View Post
Ok well, the lights have been installed. First I want retract my previous statement saying that it doesn't appear that they will look anything like the picture in the original post. They look exactly like the picture in the original post (My apologies to Rigid). I test fired the lights, they work. Still need to run wire and purchase a different switch.

I like these little lights, I went with the SR-M2 driving pattern. I will post night pics when the the wiring is done.
Apology excepted. Our new Tacoma fog kit makes for such a clean and very simple install. Thanks you for choosing Rigid Industries. Looks great!! Please feel free to share on our Facebook page.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #50

Awesome Im definitely gonna have to pick me up a kit!!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #51
Lindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lindsey
Lindsey Walrod's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 03-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #52
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have any pictures of these bad boys installed on their truck?
Old 03-28-2014, 06:34 PM   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of these bad boys installed on their truck?

Page one there are some small ones

Old 04-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #54
Just installed these. They are awesome! Just to make everyone's lives a little easier; if you back off 1/4 turn from max tight on the bolts, you still stay solid and can manually adjust beam direction. The nuts are ny-lock and give you freedom to adjust on the fly.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #55
Thanks for the tip!!

We've got them on special here - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...-shipping.html
Old 04-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #56

Just ordered my kit!! Cant wait to get them in! I'll post pics as soon as I get them installed.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #57
Thanks for the order Jay, will try to get it out today for ya!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #58
Someone emailed me about the difference of the SRM v SRM2

Quote:
The SRM is a two LED light that puts out about 784 lumens on 10 watts.
The SRM2 is a three LED light that puts out 1125 lumens on 11.25 watts.

If you can, the SRM2 is the way to go! Not as bright as a dually so perfect for use as a fog light that can be run on the street.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #59

Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma

Hey Chas that was me. I was trying to put my order in last night and I had to call and cancel it because I had ordered the wrong part. What is the part # I need to order an SR-M2 driving. A pair of them. White Color. Thanks for the help Chas
Old 04-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #60
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigidIndustries View Post
Apology excepted. Our new Tacoma fog kit makes for such a clean and very simple install. Thanks you for choosing Rigid Industries. Looks great!! Please feel free to share on our Facebook page.
Im hoping that you guys come out with a kit to mount a dually in the factory fog locations on a 2012 Tacoma.