Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma

Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma

Was browsing the Rigid Catalog and came across a few new pieces I though were pretty cool.

First up is the 2012+ Toyota Tacoma Fog light conversion kit. This system allows you to mount two SR-M Series LED lights (not included) in your Tacoma’s OEM fog lamp locations. This kit gives your SR-M or SR-M2 lights a clean, from-the-factory look without having to drill or cut into your bumper. Made from high quality stainless steel, these adapter plates are powder-coated black for a long-lasting finish. This kit comes with everything you need to install SR-M Series lights in both fog light locations and is backed by Rigid Industries’ limited lifetime warranty.

Rigid Industries 46509

The other part which makes mounting small lights super easy is the new Rigid Industries License Plate mount. Mount some duallies up front as fog lights, or even a 6" bar. I could also see this used in the rear for powerful reverse lights.

Rigid Industries 40016

If any of you guys are looking for the best pricing and service with Rigid Industries, Ive got these pieces in stock and ready to ship!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
gliv is on a distinguished road
gliv's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered the fog light kit the other day, it shipped today. I have a base model so, I have no fogs. Thought I would try something different.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
gliv's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I received the fog light conversion kit. Based on the looks of the mount it will not look like the picture in the first post. Since I have a base model with no fogs, I have an idea involving the fog light blank and this kit.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
gliv's Tacoma Gallery
This fog mounting kit was a pita, but it's in at the proper angle. For those who order pm me if you have questions. The additional support screws in the kit are the wrong size, I took care of it. No instructions were included, called Rigid they emailed me the instructions. Should have the SR-M2s soon, will post up pics when complete.
Attached Thumbnails
Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-fog-kit.jpg   Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-fog-kit-1.jpg  
Old 12-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks for the pics and info!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
cobracommander is on a distinguished road
Name: Erich
cobracommander's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be keeping an eye on how it works out as well, thanks for posting.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #8
justchil is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
justchil's Tacoma Gallery
Been searching to see what SR-M2's look like at night in the tacoma specific mount zzzzzzz lol
Old 01-02-2014, 06:22 AM   #10
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to seeing the finished results. I have a set of duallys mounted on my hood brackets, but they are way too high to use in fog or snow.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #11
gliv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarroll View Post
Looking forward to seeing the finished results. I have a set of duallys mounted on my hood brackets, but they are way too high to use in fog or snow.

You could try this, mount them in the box down below. Worked for me, good coverage.
Attached Thumbnails
Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-light-201.jpg   Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-light-203.jpg   Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-led-202.jpeg  
Old 01-03-2014, 05:24 AM   #12
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
^^ I like this, but we usually get a lot of snow. I figure I'd have them beat off busting through the snowbank at the end of my driveway.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #13
cobracommander is on a distinguished road
Name: Erich
cobracommander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliv View Post
You could try this, mount them in the box down below. Worked for me, good coverage.
Damn that looks good! What kind of bar is that you have?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #14
gliv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobracommander View Post
Damn that looks good! What kind of bar is that you have?
Ebay, I don't remember who though. The bar is built well, the only thing I remember is the instructions were in crayon, but that's ok.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #15
gliv's Tacoma Gallery
Ok well, the lights have been installed. First I want retract my previous statement saying that it doesn't appear that they will look anything like the picture in the original post. They look exactly like the picture in the original post (My apologies to Rigid). I test fired the lights, they work. Still need to run wire and purchase a different switch.

I like these little lights, I went with the SR-M2 driving pattern. I will post night pics when the the wiring is done.
Attached Thumbnails
Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-photo-2-.jpg   Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-photo-4-.jpg   Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-photo-5-.jpg   Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-photo-6-.jpg   Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-photo-7-.jpg  

Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-photo-8-.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #16
gliv's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some night pics, the SR-M driving pattern is awesome, this what you want in a fog light. Great kit, love it. Still need to aim them a little more and get some road pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-photo-9-.jpg   Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-photo-10-.jpg   Rigid Industries SR-M Fog Light Conversion for 2012+ Tacoma-photo-11-.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #17
FlyersFan1050 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Andrew
FlyersFan1050's Tacoma Gallery
That looks better than I had imagined it would, pretty easy install?
Old 01-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #18
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
that does look good. hadn't seen those yet. just got a set of the srm driving for christmas, so looks like i'll be ordering the mount set.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #19
TAP Auto Parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliv View Post
Here are some night pics, the SR-M driving pattern is awesome, this what you want in a fog light. Great kit, love it. Still need to aim them a little more and get some road pics.
Those look great! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan1050 View Post
Not very difficult, I will try to get the install PDF for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk View Post
that does look good. hadn't seen those yet. just got a set of the srm driving for christmas, so looks like i'll be ordering the mount set.
Click the link in the first post above and enter the code TACOMAWORLD for a great price on the kit and any Rigid LED lights.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #20
gliv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan1050 View Post
Not bad really, just take your time. I tend to get in a rush, I create my own challenges when I do that.