Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Show off your aux fuse panels.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #41
Carrionman is a jewel in the roughCarrionman is a jewel in the roughCarrionman is a jewel in the rough

Name: James
Carrionman's Tacoma Gallery
Blue sea fuse block locations.

I was considering 2 locations for my accessory fuse block, the most convenient spot would be close to the battery but I am concerned about the longevity of the blue sea set up sitting under the hood. The other spot was behind he back seat where i noticed others have tucked a secondary battery and blue sea set up. Has anyone considered putting the fuse box inside a snap lock type container under the hood with silicone sealed holes for mounting and wires for an added level of water proofing?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #43
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrionman View Post
I was considering 2 locations for my accessory fuse block, the most convenient spot would be close to the battery but I am concerned about the longevity of the blue sea set up sitting under the hood. The other spot was behind he back seat where i noticed others have tucked a secondary battery and blue sea set up. Has anyone considered putting the fuse box inside a snap lock type container under the hood with silicone sealed holes for mounting and wires for an added level of water proofing?
Like this?

Old 05-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #44
Carrionman is a jewel in the roughCarrionman is a jewel in the roughCarrionman is a jewel in the rough

blue sea 12 fuse box

Are you guys running the negative from the blue sea to the ground on the or to the - battery terminal? I am no good with electronics help me out here.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #45
Yotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant future

Name: Ze
Yotamac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrionman View Post
Are you guys running the negative from the blue sea to the ground on the or to the - battery terminal? I am no good with electronics help me out here.
You can run the fuse block negative terminal to the battery or body. You can also ground off any accessories to the body with the positive only running through the fuse block.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #46

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotamac View Post
You can run the fuse block negative terminal to the battery or body. You can also ground off any accessories to the body with the positive only running through the fuse block.
Thank you, I need to find all my gear so I can test these things.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #47
Jack of all trades; Master of none
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #48
SGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant futureSGTCap has a brilliant future

Name: Cap
SGTCap's Tacoma Gallery
Subrcibing, I'll need this later
Old 06-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #49
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTCap View Post
Subscribing, I'll need this later
Ditto that.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #50
KCBBQ
ebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: E-5
Name: Brandon
ebbs15's Tacoma Gallery
so are you guys all fabing up your own platforms to mount these to?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #51
GTSJames is on a distinguished road
GTSJames's Tacoma Gallery
Still deciding where I want to mount it permanently but here she is for now

Old 06-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #52
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff James

For Source mounting, check the last few pics of this original post:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ght-build.html
Old 06-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #53
GTSJames is on a distinguished road
GTSJames's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, funny you should mention that Justin. Paul (who owns that Tacoma) is a friend of mine. Seeing his truck is what made me start obsessing over them

The sPOD in my truck is actually an older Source and wiring harness from my Jeep that's been sitting in my garage for over a year. Had to upgrade to the new style Source so we could show off the bluetooth controller at Jeep Beach I just need to decide if I want to mount it to the inner fender or above the fuse block. Decisions, decisions....

Old 06-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #54
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSJames View Post
Haha, funny you should mention that Justin. Paul (who owns that Tacoma) is a friend of mine. Seeing his truck is what made me start obsessing over them

The sPOD in my truck is actually an older Source and wiring harness from my Jeep that's been sitting in my garage for over a year. Had to upgrade to the new style Source so we could show off the bluetooth controller at Jeep Beach I just need to decide if I want to mount it to the inner fender or above the fuse block. Decisions, decisions....
Those units are damn nice looking! I'm surprised it took so long for someone to start making those and there's not a bigger market.

Nice jeep as well
Old 06-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #55
capturecolorado is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
capturecolorado's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't feel like buying the Bussman box, so I made this... All-inclusive panel that can be removed entirely without much trouble, and still have the space below available for something (compressor? maybe I can cram a second battery under there, I haven't really taken stock of that space).

Forgive the instagram pic, I haven't done a shoot with the truck... waiting to finish the bumpers.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #56
CrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Assaultman 2/5
Name: Joe
CrunchyTaco99's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a Blue Sea fuse box and circuit breaker. Looking for wire/cable to wire it and new ARB fridge now. Thanks for all of the ideas.

Have a kinda dumb question. What are the relays for? What accessories do I need them for? I am an idiot when it comes to electronics.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #57

I just went to an electrical supply mom n pop shop for the wire and fittings. Relays just let the circut know it can go hot when the ignition is on. They are not required but add a lvl of security for accidentally leaving things om that would drain the battery
Old 07-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #58
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my Bussman. Can't wait to install.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #59
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the clean! http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...s-spod-ha.html

This is the Bussman RFRM - thats the 10 relay box. There is the RTMR which PCBuilder has which is 5 relays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Some daytime shots.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #60
Penten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shedPenten is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 31B
Name: Peter
Penten's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys have any 1st Gen set ups?