Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Show off your aux fuse panels.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Show off your aux fuse panels.

Since there's so many threads about it why not compile them and if someone likes one that person can contact the person that made it. So let's see them.

Blue sea 5025 panel
Bussman 100amp breaker
0 gauge wire

Powering hids
4 Off road lights

adding three led bars
12v constant hot power
And possible cb
Old 01-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
Tunngavik has a spectacular aura aboutTunngavik has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jason
Tunngavik's Tacoma Gallery
LOL. I've started threads like that before.

I am putting together an aux fuse/relay box but it's going to take a few weeks before I get all the parts. I want to power my heated seats, heated side mirror and fog lights off of it.

I actually found a Bussman automotive fuse/relay box off of Mouser.ca for cheaper than I can get a Blue Sea fuse box. Will look a lot better too as it's all enclosed in one, as opposed to the Blue Sea which would still force you to have a bunch of unsightly wires, going to and from the relays, on the outside of the box.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #4
Poolstick is on a distinguished road

Poolstick's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about trying to buy one some where, but am struggling to find anyone who makes one for the 2nd gen 6 speed (clutch cylinder thingy gets in the way).

I may just end up making one out of lexan, but I don't have the heat gun to bend it and I'd almost rather just pay someone to do the work for me as far as that goes.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Two pairs of Hellas in the front
Two pairs of KC's in the back
LED lighting in the grill
LED lights inside the shell
12v power bus feed for switches inside cab

Old 01-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunngavik View Post
LOL. I've started threads like that before.

I am putting together an aux fuse/relay box but it's going to take a few weeks before I get all the parts. I want to power my heated seats, heated side mirror and fog lights off of it.

I actually found a Bussman automotive fuse/relay box off of Mouser.ca for cheaper than I can get a Blue Sea fuse box. Will look a lot better too as it's all enclosed in one, as opposed to the Blue Sea which would still force you to have a bunch of unsightly wires, going to and from the relays, on the outside of the box.

Sounds like a busman RTMR... I'm currently working on a similar project.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #9
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VE7OSR View Post
Check out:

Fuse + relay panel

Relay
model that plugs into above.

miniFuses for above

or this fuse panel using ATC/ATO fuses

also circuit breakers big, or small or in place of fuses
Yup. That's the RTMR. I'm still getting parts together for
Mine. Thanks for the links.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:34 PM   #10
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
Yup. That's the RTMR. I'm still getting parts together for
Mine. Thanks for the links.
So where do you plan on mounting all of your grounds as well as your relay grounds?

My blue sea has a negative bus built in,
Old 01-04-2014, 11:03 PM   #11
New guy

The RTMR can be ordered bussed, partially bussed, or not bussed. I'm probably going to get the partially bussed (10 fuses bussed, 5 relays not bussed) and I'll have the relay coils externally jumped/bussed together to a ground lug.

My grounds for accessories will depend on location, and I'll probably run a negative bus into the cab for lighted switches.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Check out:

Fuse + relay panel

Relay
model that plugs into above.
Thanks for the info. Can you confirm that is the relay you use for the panel?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #13
New guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunngavik View Post
Thanks for the info. Can you confirm that is the relay you use for the panel?
That one could be used, but you could only use three of them.

These ones are compatible and you could fit five.

http://m.delcity.net/store/ISO-280-M...istor/p_791799
Old 01-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #14
Yotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant future

Name: Ze
Yotamac's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some fuse block mounting plates if anyone is interested...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/294195-fuse-panel-mounting-plate.html
Old 01-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #15
'interfering with Darwin since 1990'
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

ah, yes, the one i quoted was the higher amperage unit, but it takes up more room. This one above, is narrower, and a 20A rating.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #16
New guy

Quote:
ah, yes, the one i quoted was the higher amperage unit, but it takes up more room. This one above, is narrower, and a 20A rating.
It's 35A switched, 20A continuous. It's dpst, so it's rated for 20A through the NC coil-cold circuit, 35A through the NO coil-hot (switched on) circuit.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #17

Quote:

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #18
'interfering with Darwin since 1990'
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's 35A switched, 20A continuous. It's dpst, so it's rated for 20A through the NC coil-cold circuit, 35A through the NO coil-hot (switched on) circuit.

Switched rating is the maximum in-rush current the contacts can handle, typically when turning on inductive loads such as motors. This rating is only momentary. (less than one second) Continuous rating is the maximum current the relay can handle once the contact remains in its desired state.

for resistive loads such as lighting, you don't have to worry about the switching current rating, only the continuous. Both the Normally Closed and the Normally Open contacts are rated the same.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #19
New guy

Quote:
Switched rating is the maximum in-rush current the contacts can handle, typically when turning on inductive loads such as motors. This rating is only momentary. (less than one second) Continuous rating is the maximum current the relay can handle once the contact remains in its desired state.

for resistive loads such as lighting, you don't have to worry about the switching current rating, only the continuous. Both the Normally Closed and the Normally Open contacts are rated the same.
http://www.waytekwire.com/datasheet/75725.pdf

This data sheet shows two different current ratings for the normally open circuit and the normally closed circuit.

(Kinda into semantics now, because I'm going to use the SPST, 35A micro relays.)
Old 01-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #20
New guy

Cool wiring thread on pirate...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/elect...ul-wiring.html