1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ebay seat heaters

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by lawless, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jan 13, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    spieler

spieler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    3" Lift kit/265 Duratracs/SCS Stealth 6 matte black wheels, OEM White grille switcheroo, TRD skid derped white, CSjumper drtl map dome parking lights fog light bulbs, Lifetime LED headlights, **Reverse light mod, Foglight anytime Mod, Trimmed mudflaps, Fully Debadged, 3rd brake light cover by well...me, Liquid Innovations black carbon dipped front emblem, G-Tek Fab diamond plate white door sill protectors, SOS Bolt-on Sliders bedlined, MattGecko rear window security bar, Hardwired Radar Detector w/custom sucker mount, Horse Stall Bed Mat, Audiocontrol LC2i with custom mount ACR-1 remote, Custom sub box behind drivers rear seat, Mag light holder behind seat, Center console organizer , Passenger seatbelt flapper fix, Tailgate anti-theft Mod, Bed storage Locks Mod, hygieneboy ghetto gutter grille guard
    Sweet man thanks! Looks like ill be ordering that kit soon, those switches blend in well!

2. Jan 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    lawless

lawless [OP] the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc

looks badass. i was at Fry's the other day and they wanted about $5 for a single led. i had no idea they were so expensive. i'll try Radio Shack.

i do not have personal experience with this but i have read many threads about folks who put heating elements under leather seats without issue. i'm going to put mine under my Wet Okoles.

3. Jan 13, 2014 at 10:23 PM
    lawless

lawless [OP] the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    here's what the led looks like when the cover is taken apart. i used two small flathead screwdrivers to unlatch the connectors on each side and pry it open. i don't have any soldering experience and it looks like there is not much room between those leads and the led. i wonder if i'll be able to get a new led on there?

IMG_20140113_221714_1b6901758963cd9bd94655cd2a69b27fb7443870.jpg

4. Jan 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM
    smgcon

smgcon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Vernon, BC
    Vehicle:
    2013 DBC
    I put a set in my wife's Corolla. They work great with cloth seats and after-market seat covers. They should work under any seat covers.

As already described, wiring is ground, constant 12 volt, accessory switched 12 volt, and illumination. They switch on and off with ignition properly, and come with the required relay built in. I used a fuse tap for the accessory power to switch them on and off. I ran a primary fused wire to the battery to feed the constant 12 volt.

5. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM
    tacotacoburrito

tacotacoburrito Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have the same kit and wanted to ask a couple questions. I have an access cab so the 2 20a circuits used for the rear power windows are available. Since each seat heater needs a 10a feed I was going to use an add a circuit to power the heaters (1 per window circuit). Figured since they are drawing half the amperage it wouldn't been an issue. I'm thinking about tapping the hazard button light for both switches to illuminate. I'm not sure where to tie in the two 5a circuits though if I go this route. Appreciate any suggestions.

If anyone in San Diego would be willing to lend a hand. I'd take the help. I have all the tools needed, and am happy to supply beer, whiskey and pizza. :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top