LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Headlight After Retrofit Has Hole In Back...Concern?

Old 01-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Headlight After Retrofit Has Hole In Back...Concern?

So after doing the retrofit there's now basically a small hole that isn't filled that could let moisture in. Should I be concerned or fill with silicone?
Old 01-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Where's the hole?
Old 01-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
It's where the wires for the bulb go in. Basically the black boot no longer fits snugly around they base of the bulb.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Did you do the H1 retro? I would try to get that grommet that is on the wires to work with the boot to seal the hole.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #5
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I did. It won't fit.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #6
trdspectacoma is on a distinguished road
trdspectacoma's Tacoma Gallery
you might need to trim the stock boot to fit the grommet. that is what happened on my old retro
Old 01-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
My pee parts itch

I was thinking more along the lines of silicone attaching the grommet to the rubber boot.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
trdspectacoma is on a distinguished road
trdspectacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You could do that also.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #9
itzyoboipaul will become famous soon enough

Name: Paul
itzyoboipaul's Tacoma Gallery
I left mine the way it is. it fogged up the first week of rain (usually gone in an hour) and never came back.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #10
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was fogging up, I actually used aluminum tape and covered the whole bulb area and put the boot on over the bulbs and aluminum tape.

Fogged up at first and I was like ugh come on. Then after a few days it never fogged again and hasn't in over a month.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
Housing caps all day: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/acc...sing-caps.html
Old 01-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJDub View Post
Yes I did. It won't fit.
Try harder

I put some silicone on that rubber washer looking thing and stuck it to the rubber boot and it worked fine.