1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spyder headlights!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by xTACOMAx, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Jan 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    xTACOMAx

xTACOMAx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner TSS
    Rough Country 3 inch lift, Aries bull bar, Spider headlights
    I just bought a set of black spyder headlights for a 2007 toyota tacoma I put them in today and it's around 50 degrees and it's raining and I sealed them up before I put them in I didn't not take them apart then reseal just sealed them where the housing meets the lens and they already have condensation in both the headlights in y'all's opinion what would y'all do dry them out or what need some ideas and help please thanks

2. Jan 15, 2014 at 2:29 AM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    did you buy them from eBay? then you got what you paid. they're just crappy to begin with. in my opinion, you want new projector headlights there's no excuse for a proper retrofit.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jan 15, 2014 at 6:09 AM
    xTACOMAx

xTACOMAx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner TSS
    Rough Country 3 inch lift, Aries bull bar, Spider headlights
    No I bought them from autoanything and come to find out it was just fog in the headlight cause it was kinda cold outside and the low beam and high beam put off heat and caused the fog inside the headlight and when in 10 mins the fog was gone, I kinda freaked out when I first was it cause I didn't won't that to happen and as soon as it happened I posted on here to see what other people had to say

4. Jan 15, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    InSight Retrofits

InSight Retrofits Closed

Member:
    After my retrofit mine would fog up a little. I put them back in the oven, pushed the lenses in and tightened the screws some more as well as added a little more butyl on the outside of the lens where the gap is on the bottom and no problem in weeks.

Hopefully it's just high humidity. After I "fixed" mine they would still do it for a few days. Night time they would fog up. Day time they would be crystal clear. Now they don't fog up at all:D

5. Jan 15, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Did u make sure to push the silicone into the gap of the lens/back with ur fingers? Wrap ur fingers with plastic bag first. I've always used GE silicone II and never had a leak..... What did u use?

Btw, spyders are notorious for leaking.... Sometimes the sellers will even have a disclaimer at the bottom of the ad in fine print about it.

Products Discussed in

To Top