Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Curved 40"/50" led light bars...

Old 01-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Curved 40"/50" led light bars...

Just wanted to see what you guys think about the curved 40" and 50" light bars. These bars, for the most part, are a spot beam. With the curved bar, it disperses the light a bit wider across the horizon. They use cree leds...40" has 19200 lumens...50" has 23040 lumens...dual row.
I've been contemplating getting a 50" just haven't seen them up close and personal yet. Not even sure if the existing mounts that are available would work with the bar's length.
I can get the 40" here for around $400 and the 50" around $450.
I'm going to figure out the mount issue first.
If anyone would want to go in on this with me, send me a message.
This isn't a group buy... I'll be getting one for myself eventually and wouldn't mind ordering for others while I'm at it.

I'll add pictures of the actual bars I'm talking about tomorrow. when I get to the office

computer wont let me upload the original pic....here's a pic of the pic of the pic...
Old 01-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting, want to see pics
Old 01-14-2014, 03:55 AM   #4
Silver12 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Silver12's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-14-2014, 05:01 AM   #5
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
What vendor?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #7
JimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JC
JimmyCee's Tacoma Gallery
Subd, I'd probably be down.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #8
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Interested
Old 01-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #12
sidetracked will become famous soon enoughsidetracked will become famous soon enough

sidetracked's Tacoma Gallery
here's some in person pics, not a totron bar though. I personally like these ones better than the Hanma/Totrons. The optics on these are updated and are still in quads instead of the longer sections which look like there is a big space every 6 leds or so on the totrons...

I know, i know, its not a tacoma (its not mine either)
Attached Thumbnails
Curved 40"/50" led light bars...-curved_1.jpg   Curved 40"/50" led light bars...-curved_2.jpg   Curved 40"/50" led light bars...-curved_3.jpg   Curved 40"/50" led light bars...-curved_side.jpg   Curved 40"/50" led light bars...-curved_front.jpg  

Old 01-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #13
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidetracked View Post
here's some in person pics, not a totron bar though. I personally like these ones better than the Hanma/Totrons. The optics on these are updated and are still in quads instead of the longer sections which look like there is a big space every 6 leds or so on the totrons...

I know, i know, its not a tacoma (its not mine either)
well, how much for those? and who's the manufacturer?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #14
kckrawford is just really nicekckrawford is just really nicekckrawford is just really nicekckrawford is just really nice
Name: Casey
kckrawford's Tacoma Gallery
sent you a message socal.

I'd love to put a 50" curved light bar on the front of the 01 tacoma's front bumper. I think it would follow the bumper line great and should have a wider field of view over the straight 50" bars.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:44 PM   #15
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabriel
GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #16
Penis Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckrawford View Post
sent you a message socal.

I'd love to put a 50" curved light bar on the front of the 01 tacoma's front bumper. I think it would follow the bumper line great and should have a wider field of view over the straight 50" bars.
PM replied...that's a good idea. Never thought about putting it on the bumper.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #17
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the bar that is sold by OffroadLEDBars.com out of NY

Showing the difference between their straight and curved bar

Here is the light output
Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #19
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
thank Mitch! that's the dispersed light im looking for!
on the line with China now...update soon

ps...they're asking $1049 for one...nope

I'll be very surprised if you find anything lower then that
Old 01-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #20
Penis Bird

ok, so one quote I got from a company is gonna run me around $450 for the 50" shipped to me.
another...little bit better quality(just because I have prior experience with them) is $475. I think im going to order the pricier one...I'll feel more comfortable with this company. one year warranty on the product.

downside...they cant ship until after the Chinese New Year. mid February. oh well...im going to keep looking.