Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Installing Halo Projector Headlights

Old 03-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Troubletoo is on a distinguished road
Navy: HM2
Troubletoo's Tacoma Gallery
Installing Halo Projector Headlights

Hello tacomaworld, this is my first post and Iam hoping someone here can help me. I have these Halo projector Headlights and was planning on installing, but I just wanted some opinions from you all since these lights didn't come with english directions. Has anyone here installed these projector headlihgts and if so, please inform me what is the best way to do so...so that I don't kill my babe tacoma. Thanks guys
Old 03-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta take off the grill. And you are going to have to use some force getting the stock ones out. DON'T RUSH! They come out at sort of an angle but it's not the easiest thing in the world.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
Troubletoo is on a distinguished road
Navy: HM2
Troubletoo's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Socolax91

I don't really have a problem taking the headlights out or putting it back in, it's the wiring that is giving a little problem. I have these 6 black and white wires that Iam not sure what to do with. Oh do you have any recomendation on what type of lights to make these projector headlights better. Thanks again.
I
Old 03-22-2009, 05:28 AM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubletoo View Post
I don't really have a problem taking the headlights out or putting it back in, it's the wiring that is giving a little problem. I have these 6 black and white wires that Iam not sure what to do with. Oh do you have any recomendation on what type of lights to make these projector headlights better. Thanks again.
I
Oh you got the ones that aren't plug and play. I don't have any advise for you to be honest but here is a bump at least.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
2007 Tacoma 4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: William
2007 Tacoma 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Oh you got the ones that aren't plug and play. I don't have any advise for you to be honest but here is a bump at least.
So i have a question for you! Love the color by the way i have the speedway blue in a double cab
Your CCFL halo's look like the ones im thinking of getting and it looks as though they just plug in to factory wiring(am i right?) so how do the halo's and led's come on? Do they turn on with the park lights?? Im just curious because i want to run them by them selves at any time i want not just when my headlights are on.
Thanks for any help you can give me

Willie
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Well I dont think that you have to take the grill off to install them. You're going to solder all the white ones together and all the black ones together. I can look at my truck tomorrow and let ya know exactly what you have to do.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid89 View Post
Well I dont think that you have to take the grill off to install them. You're going to solder all the white ones together and all the black ones together. I can look at my truck tomorrow and let ya know exactly what you have to do.
Well you have different halo's than what im looking at.If im correct you have the ones that have wires coming out the back.The lights im looking at dont have wires coming out the back.

Am i correct on your end?
Old 05-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid89 View Post
Yes mine are coming out the back. Where do yours come out of. You can see the lights i've got in my build.
Well the lights im looking at buying have the wiring in the back but it looks like plug and play.There are no loose wires
Old 05-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #10
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Did this in 5 min last night. Here is how to do just the Halos.

Find the set of wires coming from the lowest and smallest little box on the lights. If you follow the wires on other end of the box they go almost immediately into the side wall of the light. Find the wires that go to the parking lights. Splice the white to green and teh black to the white/black stripe. Done!

Will- Post pics of the lights you want.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #11

ok so i got my halo Projector headlights and im disappointed in how the halos arent bright at all!!Does anyone know if there is a way to make them brighter Is there a brighter LED that can be installed?? I hope someone has a solution for me.
Thanks
Old 05-26-2010, 03:18 AM   #12
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yup I'm with you there. They aren't visable until you would already have your headlights on. If you look at the headlight really closely there is a round hole behind the silver base which appears to be large enough to house an LED similar to the other 4 that are already part of the light (3+ prewired spare). I am hoping that it is a ghetto-rigged LED setup and that by popping the spare in that it gets a lot brighter. If not it gets tricky.

Also check this out. Once I re-aim my highs I am running my lights like this.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tml#post666297
Old 05-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
can you run HID with those projectors?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #14
Addicted

Don't see why not.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #15

Just wondering i bought some Led halo's and when i hooked them up they were so dim i couldnt see them during day time.So i sent them back and i was wondering if the CCFL halo's were bright enough to be seen during the day time?? Anyone out there that has them and can tell me if they are bright enough to be seen during day time?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 04:27 AM   #16
Addicted

Not sure, but I have heard that they are better. I have the same issue and am trying to figure out what LEDs are back there so I can swap them out.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #17

i pulled them out and looked and i was unable to find some that were brighter and small enough to fit in the small space provided.So i just returned them
Its really disappointing to spend so much on these things to only find out they SUCK and you cant see the halo's.
Thanks for your reply hope you find a solution to your led brightness.

BTW i looked at your truck and saw the lights you have and those are the same ones i returned so im sure what i described will be true on your as well.But maybe you can find something that will work.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #18
Addicted

How did you go about getting to the LEDs? I haven't yet tried pulling them apart. I found a guy who did it and had really nice looking daytime shots so there is hope. Just need to contact him and find out where and what size bulbs he got.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #19
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightcancled View Post
How did you go about getting to the LEDs? I haven't yet tried pulling them apart. I found a guy who did it and had really nice looking daytime shots so there is hope. Just need to contact him and find out where and what size bulbs he got.
If you look below the headlight, there are 2 rubber grommets. Pull them out and you will see the wire going to another rubber grommet that holds the LEDs.

If you are referring to the same guy... I think he took the pics during like dusk.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #20
Addicted

Awesome! Thanks Viet!