Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Light Bar or Conventional Aux Lights?? Advice please

Old 01-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #21
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriancast View Post
I love my OKLEDLcomparing 4,400 lumens). I just couldn't pay $1,000 for the same Rigid 30 inch double spot/flood combo 13,800 lumens. I really don't care about their brand name when I only paid $285 for my OKLED shipped during their group buy.
This. 220 for my 9600 lumen 20 inch. When comparing specs against rigid, I found no reason to drop the extra cash.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #22
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
not gonna lie, the optics on rigids are much better, but are they 800 dollars better? No f'ing way IMO. I'd rather put that toward 3 more 40"'s. I paid 250 shipped for my 41.5"
Old 01-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #23
fuballs has a spectacular aura aboutfuballs has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ben
fuballs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love my OKLEDLGHTBAR (14,400 lumens). I just couldn't pay $1,000 for the same Rigid 30 inch double spot/flood combo 13,800 lumens. I really don't care about their brand name when I only paid $285 for my OKLED shipped during their group buy.
Well I'm convinced, was a bit worried about their lack of return policy but TW members seem happy with them, I'm ordering it now.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #24
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
That sums up everything.
ya, why anyone wants to piss their money away on rigids is beyond me. I'd rather have a locker or bumper. That 40" lights up everything that I need to see in front of me and the HIDs are some cheap DDM's that I threw in KC housings and painted them black. They throw light very far in a pencil beam, I need to aim them better, it's just been cold at night lol. I have a 30" 5w bar that may go where yours is when I get around to it, i can't decide if it will really add anything to my setup.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #25
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuballs View Post
Well I'm convinced, was a bit worried about their lack of return policy but TW members seem happy with them, I'm ordering it now.
i bought mine from a random amazon seller. just make sure you read all their polices and stuff. You'll be happy with LEDs.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #26
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
The reason I like my LED bars instead of the other types is because of current draw. My 32 inch bar puts out TONS of lumens, and only draws 13.5 amps.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #27
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
The reason I like my LED bars instead of the other types is because of current draw. My 32 inch bar puts out TONS of lumens, and only draws 13.5 amps.
^^^ ya agreed. I have my 40 which draws 20a at 12v 240 on the same 40a relay as my HIDs which each draw 55w
Old 01-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #28
fuballs has a spectacular aura aboutfuballs has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ben
fuballs's Tacoma Gallery
Just talked to the guys at OKLEDLGHTBAR, good dudes. I'm getting the 30" CREE DOUBLE ROW LED LIGHT BAR, this one.

Might also pick up some of these little guys Think they will be great for under hood lights, bed lights, reverse, rock lights, even the fancy lights that light up your feet when you open your door like on high end cars. Anyone used the little ones before?
Old 01-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #29
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
I have both, and I am very happy. The LED produces a nice mid-range wall of light. The 2 Hella throw long range wide enough to fill up the road as far as you can see
I have a Totron 32" All Spot LED bar from Ebay....which is what OKLED are. My conventional lights are Hella 700FF 55W HID conversion

HID Headlights only:

LED Bar & HID Headlights:

Headlights, LED Bar, & Hella HIDs
Old 01-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #30
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
^Sweet setup
Old 01-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #31
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo 95 View Post
I have both, and I am very happy. The LED produces a nice mid-range wall of light. The 2 Hella throw long range wide enough to fill up the road as far as you can see
I have a Totron 32" All Spot LED bar from Ebay....which is what OKLED are. My conventional lights are Hella 700FF 55W HID conversion
Can you look up what seller you used on eBay? I'm torn between the Totron and. OKLED so far.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:03 AM   #32
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Can you look up what seller you used on eBay? I'm torn between the Totron and. OKLED so far.

I am pretty sure OKLED only sells Totron bars.

THis is where I got mine..they don't seem to have CREE LED bars in stock anymore, only the Epistar. But they do have the newer 10W single row bars, which are suppose to throw further than the double row Cree I have.
http://stores.ebay.com/eg-motor/101W...4.l1513&_pgn=1
Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #33
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

HID Headlights only:

LED Bar & HID Headlights:

Headlights, LED Bar, & Hella HIDs
Very nice, that's what I'm talking about, filling in each section from the hood on out.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #34

I wanted to throw the hybrid option out there, because I haven't seen anyone run these yet LEDs in a conventional round housing. The beam pics look pretty impressive:

Also if you look in the 60-100W range of lights they have a whole host of sizes to mount just about anywhere.
http://stores.ebay.com/eg-motor/61W-...=p4634.c0.m322

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-60W-7-510...item3a8a79dd94
Old 01-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #35
money pit

EMS:
Quote:
I wanted to throw the hybrid option out there, because I haven't seen anyone run these yet LEDs in a conventional round housing. The beam pics look pretty impressive:

Also if you look in the 60-100W range of lights they have a whole host of sizes to mount just about anywhere.
http://stores.ebay.com/eg-motor/61W-...=p4634.c0.m322

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-60W-7-510...item3a8a79dd94
Very nice beam pattern. I would definitely have bought these for my ditch lights if I didn't have HIDs laying around for the KC conversion. I'm impressed with the throw.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #36
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am pretty sure OKLED only sells Totron bars.

THis is where I got mine..they don't seem to have CREE LED bars in stock anymore, only the Epistar. But they do have the newer 10W single row bars, which are suppose to throw further than the double row Cree I have.
http://stores.ebay.com/eg-motor/101W...4.l1513&_pgn=1
Thank you!